CHOW Tape Model by Jatin Chowdhury

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

chowdsp wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 3:19 pm
heavymetalmixer wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 3:12 pm
chowdsp wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 5:20 am Thanks much for the thorough testing and feedback!

Anyway, I'll change the DC blocking filter back to 24 dB/Oct, so the nightly builds should have that once the build pipeline runs overnight tonight.
You're welcome, your plugins are awesome and more people should know about them.
Also, what was the idea behind the Linear Phase oversampling?
Thanks! I had some users requesting a linear phase option, and since I was overhauling the oversampling menu anyway, it seemed like a good time to add it. I use the oversampling implementation from the JUCE framework which has easy-to-use options for choosing between a lower-latency polyphase IIR anti-aliasing filter or an linear phase FIR filter.
I found that Ableton may have an issue supporting offline oversampling settings in plugins. I tried with Voxengo Tube Amp and your Chow Tape Model, both which allow to set an oversampling rate that is supposed to be applied in the exporting stage.

I did run a test signal (a sine signal at around 8 khz) through the effect that would deliberately cause aliasing at 44.1 khz project sampling rate, but where aliasing should pretty much be reduced to irrelevant amounts once the offline oversampling setting has been applied properly. I double checked by manually setting the realtime oversampling rate up to 8x and 16x and the aliasing wouldbe drastically reduced. However, exporting with only offline OS set to these higher rates would output a signal with heavy aliasing, equivalent to no OS applied.

This seems to be caused by Ableton not reporting the status to the plugin, at least that's what Voxengo's developer Aleksey explained.

Here is a thread about the issue: viewtopic.php?t=581067

▒░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░░▒▒▒▒░░▒▒▒▒░░░░░░▒▒▒▒▓▓▒▒▒▒░░░░░░░░▒▒▒▒░░▒▒▒▒▒▒░░▒▒░░▒▒░░▒▒▒▒░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
▒▒░░▒▒▓▓▒▒░░▓▓▒▒░░▒▒▒▒▒▒░░░░▓▓░░▒▒░░░░░░▓▓▒▒░░▒▒▒▒░░▒▒▒▒▓▓▒▒▒▒░░░░▒▒▒▒░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░░▒▒▒▒░░▒▒▒▒░░▒▒▒▒▒▒░░▒▒▒▒░░░░▒▒▒
Last edited by noiseresearch on Thu Feb 01, 2024 7:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
/* whitenoise */ /* abandon */ /* reincarnated */

▒░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░░▒▒▒▒░░▒▒▒▒░░░░░░▒▒▒▒▓▓▒▒▒▒░░░░░░░░▒▒▒▒░░▒▒▒▒▒▒░░▒▒░░▒▒░░▒▒▒▒░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
▒▒░░▒▒▓▓▒▒░░▓▓▒▒░░▒▒▒▒▒▒░░░░▓▓░░▒▒░░░░░░▓▓▒▒░░▒▒▒▒░░▒▒▒▒▓▓▒▒▒▒░░░░▒▒▒▒░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░░▒▒▒▒░░▒▒▒▒░░▒▒▒▒▒▒░░▒▒▒▒░░░░▒▒▒
Last edited by noiseresearch on Thu Feb 01, 2024 7:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

noiseresearch wrote: Tue Dec 20, 2022 9:15 am
This is happening in Reaper. As I wrote above this also happens in Live and Renoise.
I get really weird behaviour with 2.11.0. When the GUI is open, everything else stops working temporarily. Audio keeps playing, but other VST and the Reaper GUI freeze. Even browsing with Media explorer doesn't show any results until ChowTape is closed.

@noiseresearch @neverbeeninariot did you try to disable OpenGL in ChowTape ?

Ok. I haven't such issue with 2.11, so can only recommend to report it via GH issues.

Kott wrote: Thu Dec 22, 2022 1:21 am @noiseresearch @neverbeeninariot did you try to disable OpenGL in ChowTape ?
Thanks Kott, that totally worked, though I'm not sure if I turned it on or off (it's yellow now rather than white), but it's the opposite of what it was and now it's perfect :D

Yes Chow Tape is causing freezing and also turns every track to 0% Wet, if change one track WET it changes all

I cleared the old folder and worked as well

well it still was hanging up Reaper afterwards. Removed it

I was having freezing issues until I disabled Open GL on the lower-right cog icon, as per the developer's advice.

Return to “Effects”