Korg releases Korg Triton VST

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
KORG Collection

jdoo wrote: Thu Mar 18, 2021 5:30 pm
jdoo wrote: Wed Jan 29, 2020 3:37 am Speaking of the global arpeggio settings. I've mapped Arp On/Off - CC#58 to a button in my controller. This works great for firing up/off the arpeggio for a combi. I don't see where or how to map the other two global arpeggio settings ( GATE OFFSET and VELOCITY OFFSET ). I'm likely looking in the wrong manual?? Any help would be appreciated. Cheers -
Joe
Quick update. I havent touched this in months... but came back to it recently. CC#58 is not working to turn on/off the ARP global? I am pretty sure it was working before, and I would like to map it again. ??? Gate OFFSET and Velocity OFFSET... less important -- but i would *really* like to be able to start/stop the arp on a combi... and it's just not working with CC#58

Has anyone successfully mapped arp on/off from an external controller to their Triton VST instance? Are you using CC? Sysex? What settings?

Thanks -

Joe
I'm struggling with many of its realtime controls actually. There's no way to midi CC learn both ARP gate and velocity knobs, or if there's a fixed CC I don't know. No way I can find to midi CC learn volume sliders of each timbre either. So many parameters you can't midi CC learn. Damn, it could be so easy.

Also, can't understand why in combi midi settings, once you turn off knobs in a specific track, they keep working.
I guess I'm missing something, else can't understand the choice they made for letting you struggle with controls.

Is there any workaround?

Hello everyone,

I'm so new for this VST. I wonder that how can you use "combi mode"? Actually what i want to ask: when i choose any sound for combi mode, only OSC modes being transferred. No IFX or MFX. In this case sound completely different than normal program mode. I saw something similar problem like that above but no one answered. If I try to get IFX/MFX manually, still not the same.

What is your solution suggestion?

Thank you and sorry for my bad English.

oceanography wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 10:15 am Hello everyone,
when i choose any sound for combi mode, only OSC modes being transferred. No IFX or MFX. In this case sound completely different than normal program mode.
Yes, that's how it works. If you'd load 8 programs in a combi, each one with its own IFX/MFX chain, there wouldn't be enough fx slots anyway. My workaround is that to recreate the same impact of the single programs, there'a always a Compressor/Limiter, a Stereo Exciter (typical of Korg workstations) and Reverb. Hammonds will lose their rotary/drive fx, you have to set those back manually. Be sure to route the fx chains correctly.

Just release the Korg Kronos already. We know you can Korg. ;)

Loving the Triton VST although some things like the Cutoff Filter are annoying to assign for automation/midi controller knobs.

I watched a 2003 video of Yes where Wakeman is using a Triton Pro X in place of the Mellotron. I wonder if the presets he used are stock patches and if those would also be in the plugin version. (?)

EDIT: I did notice on the Korg Triton plugin's webpage it mentions this:
"The plug-in faithfully reproduces the HI (Hyper Integrated) synthesis system down to the smallest details and contains every one of the vast number of preset programs."

I still wonder if the Pro X version had the same presets and maybe it included others as well.

Combi Timbre Volume seems to be un-automatable.
Am I missing something?

Return to “Instruments”