MCC Generator

Official support for: meldaproduction.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I see that the free bundle has a new goodie, called MCC Generator!
Well, I do get the gist of how it's supposed to work...
But what do I use it for?
I know that it's something special. And I vaguely understand midi CC's.
But...what are those? (meaning midi CC's) Why do they exist?

"You can use it to exploit our groundbreaking modulators to control other plugins for example."
That's it, it outputs MIDI CC's to control other plugins. This was requested and discussed here:
viewtopic.php?f=138&t=534403

sirmonkey wrote: Tue Dec 03, 2019 9:15 am I see that the free bundle has a new goodie, called MCC Generator!
Well, I do get the gist of how it's supposed to work...
But what do I use it for?
I know that it's something special. And I vaguely understand midi CC's.
But...what are those? (meaning midi CC's) Why do they exist?
If you are using just Melda plugins, then you definitely do not need that :oops: :borg: :lol:
Vojtech
MeldaProduction MSoundFactory MDrummer MCompleteBundle The best plugins in the world :D

sirmonkey wrote: Tue Dec 03, 2019 9:15 am But what do I use it for?
It let's you use the truly unique and outstanding Melda Modulation System outside its planetary system.

Some people asked for this a long time ago (including me) but at that time Vojtech didn't fancy the idea. My suspicion was that he didn't want to give up his lead in that regard which was completely understandable.

That's why I couldn't believe my eyes when reading the update mail.

Thank you so much, Vojtech, for this very special christmas gift! :hug:

Faiky wrote: Tue Dec 03, 2019 10:06 amThis was requested and discussed here: viewtopic.php?f=138&t=534403
The initial request is much older, but hey, that's not really important. The main news is that it's here. :love:

Yes, that's true, sorry. And yes, very nice! Like many Melda plugins, it's simple at first glance, but inconspicuously complex in depth.

:love:
Vojtech
MeldaProduction MSoundFactory MDrummer MCompleteBundle The best plugins in the world :D

Faiky wrote: Tue Dec 03, 2019 12:55 pm Yes, that's true, sorry. And yes, very nice! Like many Melda plugins, it's simple at first glance, but inconspicuously complex in depth.
MCC is a must have for every audio computer. You are correct, one has to learn a bit before the power of this gem starts to shine - but then you'll love it.

To me it's the Plugin of the Year though it came very late. Too sad I already voted at the KVR survey.

I didn't mean that in a negative way. You see a screenshot or you open the plugin for the first time and think "okay, nice and simple, i'll look what i can do with it". And then you start to wonder what's possible, that there are many more settings possible than expected, and then you discover again and again a hidden setting. You ask yourself if something works, you think it doesn't work, you ask and then it does work, for sure! Surprise! Exploring the plugins is like digging up a treasure :).

I've the same problem with the vote :(. Sorry Vojtech, i discovered you too late. But i hope that won't influence you in any way if you don't win, for me, you're already a winner. And i think you don't even need the confirmation ;-).
Vojtech sometimes seems like an unstoppable machine to me :borg:.

I think I'm right in saying that for this plugin to work in Logic (and maybe one or two other DAWs) it needs Melda to set the AU component file to type 'MIDI FX'. This lets the plugin be loaded into the MIDI FX slot of Logic and send MIDI data to the instrument of the current track.

Faiky wrote: Tue Dec 03, 2019 1:52 pm I've the same problem with the vote :(. Sorry Vojtech, i discovered you too late. But i hope that won't influence you in any way if you don't win, for me, you're already a winner. And i think you don't even need the confirmation ;-).
Vojtech sometimes seems like an unstoppable machine to me :borg:.
:love: thank you! I wish I was unstoppable though, I'm feeling like I'm slower and slower :D

rob: I'm afraid there's probably no way to make it work in Logic. AU provides a way to send MIDI, but apparently (almost) no DAW uses it. So... It should work in any other interface, so there's plenty DAWs to choose from ;).
Vojtech

Honestly, it should be a simple change. These MIDI plugins are all running in Logic without breaking a sweat.

The AU version doesn't do anything inside Reaper when loaded as a MIDI plugin. Has anyone got this to work on a Mac using the VST? (I don't install the VSTs on my system).

Melda's MIDI CC modulation tool is now released! <<Link to web page.

It's amazing; gif just scratches the surface; note the tabs at the top I didn't even open (the step sequencer presets I do show are Euclidean divisions, btw):

And it's free, part of the totally amazing Free Pack…but when I tried the beta a while ago, I was confused to find that virtually all the useful features needed to be unlocked by upgrading the Free Pack; hmmm…Maybe I mis-understood something?? PLEASE correct me if I'm wrong!

That's about $50…BUT now on BF sale for half that. Link also shows all the other Free Pack content, all of which will also be made much more useful and pleasnt to use with the upgrade.

I know, it seems a bit bait and switch, but it's totally worth it.

Modulation freaks, even if you gotta pay to really use this, it is anyway a MUST BUY.

Btw, I use it in Logic inside BlueCat's VST-hosting MIDI FX Patchwork, works really well. Also would work in FreeStyle, and Bidule, other hosting plugins, and I think there's a free one out there, too, MetaPlug, or something like that…?

Thanks for the info. I tried putting the AU inside DDMF Metaplugin, but it caused Metaplugin to freeze up. I could probably get the VST work inside it, but I think Vojtech should really have a go at doing what other companies do and switch on the MIDI FX capability.

^^^
Well, yeah…but give him a while; most things come to Melda fans who can wait:)

And I don’t think there's any point in loading the AU version of MCCGen anywhere; plain vanilla AUs just don't output MIDI, no matter what…grrrr>Apple.

Return to “MeldaProduction”