I'm done with Waves, they just gave away a FREE plugin!!!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

And I wanted to pay for it, seriously, I've had enough of Waves, and to top it all off the plugin installed perfectly, the whole process was quick and easy as usual, gets along perfectly with my v10 plugs and my couple of v9 plugs on the same machine, I mean WTF!!!, how dare they, this is really beyond the pale.

I'm done :x
Say NO to CLAP!

Just wait until you have to pay for WUP on the plugin you got for free.
Signatures are so early 2000s.

Kongru wrote: Fri Nov 29, 2019 11:23 pm Just wait until you have to pay for WUP on the plugin you got for free.
I just got a reminder to update the WUP on the free plugin I got last year. I haven't even installed it ...

Kongru wrote: Fri Nov 29, 2019 11:23 pm Just wait until you have to pay for WUP on the plugin you got for free.
You don't have to though?

tanstaafl

Googly Smythe wrote: Fri Nov 29, 2019 11:59 pm tanstaafl

chk071 wrote: Fri Nov 29, 2019 11:38 pm
The eternal cycle of the Waves debate:
- they try to force you to pay for WUP
- but you don't have to though
- well, in some circumstances you do feel forced
- well maybe in those circumstances, but maybe it's ok to charge for WUP then
- is it though? Most developers do it without tricks
- what tricks? I never experience any problems
- they try to force you to pay for WUP
- but you don't have to though
- but maybe it's ok to charge for WUP then
- is it though? Most developers do it without tricks
- what do you mean tricks?

thecontrolcentre wrote: Sat Nov 30, 2019 12:16 am
Googly Smythe wrote: Fri Nov 29, 2019 11:59 pm tanstaafl
:D

chk071 wrote: Fri Nov 29, 2019 11:38 pm
Shush!

let's keep him in the dark, where he most probably belongs....
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

jochicago wrote: Sat Nov 30, 2019 12:49 am
Yes, if you own a Mac... and then you deserve no better. :hihi:
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

jens wrote: Sun Dec 01, 2019 1:12 am
jochicago wrote: Sat Nov 30, 2019 12:49 am
Yes, if you own a Mac...
Shush, don't tell the people that want to live in the fantasy that nobody is ever forced to pay for WUP.

Well, in all seriousness I seem to remember having read about cases where some V9 plugins stopped working after an OSX update... but I certainly don't think you can blame Waves for that. They surely have the right to charge for all the hard work apple keeps causing them... and it's always been like this: Apple keeps changing their architecture, claim it's a breeze for developers to adapt, then watch These getting all them blame if they want to get paid for the time the had to waste on this...

I always felt the update is for commercial studios. I bought version one of the Gold ($1200) and left music production after having two bands get onto MTV and tour the world, sign with a label and we all made no money. Came back a few years ago and I paid $40 to upgrade my account.

Waves has great sounding plugins still and I still feel we pay WAY to much for our programs, but glad Waves makes it affordable.
-------------------
Bitwig is my DAWs and UHe and Tracktion Synths are my Bae. I maybe buy one synth a year. REMEMBER SELF just one synth a year!

jens wrote: Sun Dec 01, 2019 1:45 am OSX update... but I certainly don't think you can blame Waves for that
Who else would you blame for Waves' behavior? The OS updates are a problem faced by Every. Single. Developer. I don't see anyone else inventing some new plugin version just to charge for the OS compatibility.

Here's how I look at Waves plugin:

90% of their plugins are (or will be at some point) $29.99. They are coded well, work well, and sound good. Don't bother thinking about the resale market; it doesn't exist for Waves plugins. Don't bother thinking about WUP nor consider doing WUP unless you're some super-critical sound studio that can't afford one hiccup in an install process and/or Windows/Mac update. Just think about using a plugin that's cheap, sounds good, and will probably help your mix and creativity. You buy it for yourself...to help yourself.

Return to “Effects”