Organteq is (finally) released!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Organteq

Pop, rock or dance are not all there is. Plus a lot of organists need to practice, too, and for that they appreciate being able to do so at home with headphones.

I definitely plan to use Organteq on our future albums, even though we mainly do pop/rock-ish stuff. For example a medieval/celtic style ballad would be a perfect home for it. I have also been messing around with some effects & modulation not usually associated with pipe organs, and could imagine using those kind of sounds on game/movie soundtracks.

Chrisk-K wrote: Wed Jul 29, 2020 1:48 am Sounds gorgeous and amazing, but who would use it? How often do you hear pipe organs in pop, rock or dance music? Classical musicians would use real pipe organs.
These no intrinsic reason why people couldn't use almost any instrument in any genre as long as one is interested in trying new things instead of following fashions. Pipe organs have a great sound, now you don't have to be tied to an actual physical and huge instrument to get that sound its one more addition to any musicians pallete.

Chrisk-K wrote: Wed Jul 29, 2020 1:48 am Sounds gorgeous and amazing, but who would use it? How often do you hear pipe organs in pop, rock or dance music?
Styx: Pieces of Eight - I'm OK
Yes: Close to the Edge - Close to the Edge
Marillion: EP Market Square Heroes - Grendel
Marillion: Fugazi - Incubus
Vangelis: Albedo 0.39 - Nucleogenesis (Part One)

These are some that I happen to have in mind. But I'm pretty sure there are plenty of other examples. Maybe not all of them have been recorded with real pipe organs, but the sound is there. Actually, pipe organ is often associated with "gothic", so I'm sure there will be several gothic albums featuring its sound.
Fernando (FMR)

The Styx is certainly a church organ - St James, Chicago.

You get a short burst of the Albert Hall's organ playing the riff from Louie and Louie on Uncle Meat. It turns up a lot later on Floyd's Endless River album.

It's definitely a church pipe organ on Yes's Going for the One (St Martin's, Vevey, Switzerland). Apparently Moraz phoned it in - it might have been the first remote recording session as Moraz was in the church but the band were in the studio and they rented a high-quality phone line for the audio.

Also, Popul Vuh - Vuh.

For some pump organ action: Neil Young. Later performances of After the Goldrush etc.

Not to forget how Pipe Organ sounds were used by Hans Zimmer in the Interstellar soundtrack.

There are some covers using a real pipe organ (and piano) like those:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ctykf8qh288

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zg5QMysuSYg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5xDnS8o8BtA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ttay7KddMTo
Ingo Weidner
Win 10 Home 64-bit / mobile i7-7700HQ 2.8 GHz / 16GB RAM //
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

That price tag AND c/r ? No thanks.
Have very good alternatives already.

a fascinating example for the use of pipe organs in rock music is anna von hausswolff
https://de-de.facebook.com/annavonhausswolff/

The price is not really that expensive considering what you get. Compare with Hauptwerk pricing, which is the closest true competition

Also, Hauptwerk charges you for additional support tickets, for example. No such thing with Modartt - their support is top-notch and you never pay extra for that.

Regarding C/R, Modartt is quite lenient with that. Can always discuss things regarding activations with them, any issues are quickly resolved. Really top-notch company.

Also, Muse used church organs in a few songs...

I don't think it's priced too high (and will buy soon enough), but I actually expected it to come in two versions, one being the corrispective of "Stage" for Pianoteq, with a chance to upgrade at a later time.

Gamma-UT wrote: Wed Jul 29, 2020 9:55 am It's definitely a church pipe organ on Yes's Going for the One (St Martin's, Vevey, Switzerland). Apparently Moraz phoned it in - it might have been the first remote recording session as Moraz was in the church but the band were in the studio and they rented a high-quality phone line for the audio.
The keyboardist in "Going For The One" was Rick Wakeman, not Patrick Moraz :wink:

But yes, the organ was recorded in Switzerland.
Fernando (FMR)

fmr wrote: Wed Jul 29, 2020 12:06 pm
Gamma-UT wrote: Wed Jul 29, 2020 9:55 am It's definitely a church pipe organ on Yes's Going for the One (St Martin's, Vevey, Switzerland). Apparently Moraz phoned it in - it might have been the first remote recording session as Moraz was in the church but the band were in the studio and they rented a high-quality phone line for the audio.
The keyboardist in "Going For The One" was Rick Wakeman, not Patrick Moraz :wink:

But yes, the organ was recorded in Switzerland.
The Swiss thing and Yes switching keyboardists several times over during that period got me.

Great song :tu: Didn't even knew the group.

Did some research but found no references to the pipe organ. Is it a real pipe organ featured on the song?
Fernando (FMR)

Return to “Instruments”