TAL-Bassline-101 and TAL-Sampler updated to V3

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

oh it is fine for me too. clipnotic was having issues with it.

rsp
sound sculptist

I also encountered the slider issue after updating my TAL software to the latest versions. The issue is present for me in TAL Bassline 101 and to a lesser extent UNO LX V2. I emailed Patrick last night and he got back to me this morning with the response below. Excellent support from Patrick.

Thanks for the report. We will fix that within the next update. The
idea was that you can move the mouse horizontally to adjust the
sliders more accurately, but it does not work very well. We will try
to improve or remove this feature.

Best regards,
Patrick Kunz
TAL Software GmbH

hoppringle wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 7:28 am I also encountered the slider issue after updating my TAL software to the latest versions. The issue is present for me in TAL Bassline 101 and to a lesser extent UNO LX V2. I emailed Patrick last night and he got back to me this morning with the response below. Excellent support from Patrick.

Thanks for the report. We will fix that within the next update. The
idea was that you can move the mouse horizontally to adjust the
sliders more accurately, but it does not work very well. We will try
to improve or remove this feature.

Best regards,
Patrick Kunz
TAL Software GmbH
That's impossible, perhaps you have the same machine, like me! :D

I also got an answer from the developer and I don't have a problem with the developer here!

But with fanboys, which posting "it's your machine" or "on my system it works fine, so it's not the fault of the plugin" and so on. If on a system 100 VSTs are working fine, but 1 or 2 or 5 not, the problem are that plugins and not the DAW and not the machine, because 100 other developers could program them, that they working! And nobody changes a good working system for only one plugin! :wink:

And TAL also will fix this, because he wants his plugin working on every system!

And TAL also will fix this, because he wants his plugin working on every system!
I know this which is why I suggested you contact him.

I have seen many local issues on machines..... corrupted preference files for the plugin, corrupted DAW preferences which affect only specific plugins, conflicts between logic boards (particularly graphic cards) and plugins that affect some plugins and not other.

Seems this issue is that some people drag vertically and some horizontally, from Patrick's response above.
Wonder if 3.17 allowed one to drag horizontally or if this is a new feature.

Either way, it seems it was not something on your machine but how you use the plugin differently than I do.
So I apologize for any disrespect I implied to your computer.

And yes I am indeed a fan boy of Patrick......he produces great stuff and charges a small change for them, and is one of those developers who will respond in a timely manner and fix issues for users quickly.
rsp
sound sculptist

okay no problem, my main studio machine is a monster and I defend it against everything! :D

zvenx wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 1:20 pm
Seems this issue is that some people drag vertically and some horizontally, from Patrick's response above.
Either way, it seems it was not something on your machine but how you use the plugin differently than I do.
Oh please. Nobody looks at a vertical slider and thinks "my method of using this will be to drag horizontally." C'mon. Your deductive reasoning here is really bizarre!

What happened is that he tried to implement a horizontal click-and-drag -- totally separate from the normal vertical behavior -- that would allow fine-tuning. And it's simply not working correctly and is causing unintended behavior and workflow interruption.

What's happening is that people are trying to click and drag vertically for normal vertical slider behavior, but even slight, unintended horizontal movements of their hand as they click are sometimes changing it to 'fine tune' mode and the slider is therefore moving super slowly when they expect normal slider movement.

It happens to me with U-No-LX about one out of three times I use a slider, and drives me crazy. I'm glad to hear he's working on it.

But, again: That's not "using the plugin differently than you do" -- that's a poorly implemented feature causing unexpected / undesirable behavior. Fortunately, Patrick is a great dev and he's on it.

Since I still haven't experienced it, and I tried after reading Patrick's response. I did indeed incorrectly read Patrick's response above as meaning some people were indeed dragging horizontally, which indeed seemed odd to me too. Now u have explained it I have a better understanding. But I still can't replicate it for whatever that is worth and indeed most importantly Patrick is on it.
Thanks for the detailed explanation.
Rsp
sound sculptist

I've been seeing this weird behavior as well, wasn't sure what was going on. Glad you brought it and contacted the dev!

I'm just a liiiiiiiiiitle late on this, but.... where has this synth been all my life? Ugh. I finally found "that sound" (one of them) in Bassline. I knew it was Roland, but thought it might've been a Jupiter. After buying Bassline, I'm happily trying to sell TAL U NO LXv2, which I never quite clicked with (I also have J8), probably because I thought it would give this sound. This is immediately going into my Favorites folder, along with Repro and Hive2 (I have hardware or Diva and Oberhausen would be elevated to that level).

Return to “Instruments”