ARTURIA KEYLAB MK2 WITH BITWIG 3.1

Official support for: bitwig.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Housebrigade wrote: Wed Dec 11, 2019 9:22 pm I have just installed bet 4 and now the track control buttons do not work.

Any ideas anyone?
Report the issue as a bug...?

Resurrecting an old thread.

Looking at the PDF on github, I don't see any pad control for Drum Machine. Anyone know if this is automatically mapped? Same question with Organ: are the faders mapped as drawbars?

Benutzername wrote: Thu Nov 21, 2019 7:53 pm Full stop, I stand corrected. It actually does work great now. :hyper:

I've just set the controller from "MCU" to "Bitwig by Bitwig 3.1" and now I can fire clips and scenes with the drum pads and edit parameters with the dials. Even the clip and track colors seem to work.

[...]

I couldn't find a manual for this mode so it's a bit trial and error now. Does anybody know if the new functionality is documented somewhere in more detail?
Hi,thanks for the tip but can you share where to set the controller to "Bitwig by Bitwig 3.1"? I searched everywhere on the Keylab and in Bitwig, even upgraded the Firmware but couldn't find it (but then again, it is probably hiding in plain sight in front of me... :D)

Thanks in advance!

Ok, I got it now. Bitwig by Bitwig 3.1 is just the developer of the Controller code (the little text on the bottom left corner of the screenshot).

But I still can't get some things to work (i.e. Presets browser window freezes; Solo / Mute buttons don't work, neither editing Parameters). I noticed that in your screenshot there were two MIDI output slots (KeyLab mkII 88 MIDI and KeyLab mkII 88 DAW) but in mine there's only one (see screenshot).

Could this be the cause? Does anyone know if this was removed in later versions of Bitwig? I'm using version 4.0.1

Many thanks!

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

ihearanewworld wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 6:40 am Resurrecting an old thread.

Looking at the PDF on github, I don't see any pad control for Drum Machine. Anyone know if this is automatically mapped? Same question with Organ: are the faders mapped as drawbars?
There is no pad control for the drum machine.

Don't know if somebody reads this, but I have a question about this subject.
I managed to get my KeyLab 61 MKii working with BitWig, although it's still a bit of a puzzle for me.
My question is to what DAW do you set you're KeyLab? Default is Live and that seems to work, but I would expect there is a BitWig option and I wonder if I'm not missing something.

I had the same question with the Arturia preset on my Keylab 88 mk2... It works flawless even if it always turns the keyboad to "Live" mode automatically. I just had to read the manual behind the (?) symbol to understand all the modes of control.

interesting - I thought we are supposed to use 'default MCU' but Keylab MKII 61 keeps switching my DAW back to LIVE and then clip launching works? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I am on BitWig 4.3.10 and unlike previous screenshot above in this thread I am only seeing one port back in the second pop up so we can select either MIDI or DAW not both ???
Screen Shot 2022-10-10 at 5.47.11 PM.png
petie81 wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 8:21 pm Don't know if somebody reads this, but I have a question about this subject.
I managed to get my KeyLab 61 MKii working with BitWig, although it's still a bit of a puzzle for me.
My question is to what DAW do you set you're KeyLab? Default is Live and that seems to work, but I would expect there is a BitWig option and I wonder if I'm not missing something.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “Bitwig”