Anyone using Novation Impulse Automap with Waveform

Discussion about: tracktion.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hello, I am on W8. I am planning to get a Novation Impulse 61 and wondering if anyone here is successfully using its automap feature in W8 or above (I wouldn't mind upgrading W, but W10 has a huge graphical glitch that makes it unusable for me, may W11 will be fine).

Just don't want to make a purchase that doesn't work, since I have trouble finding a W8 replacement (+ DAWs are expensive).

Thanks!
Windows 11/Linux Manjaro KDE + Waveform 11.

You can use Automap, but it's implementation is a bit limited and quirky.

Here are a tip...

• Rename the Waveform exe to Tracktion

You mean the .exe of the Waveform or is this .exe some other thing, like an automap thing provided by Novation?

I assume automap automatically maps some DAW functions to the knobs/sliders. Let's say this doesn't work, what do I lose? I will just have to map manually and I assume I can save that as a preset and recall it, right?

The main app. It does not work otherwise. There are a few other things I've learned trying to use Automap with Waveform. Maybe I can make Youtube video to talk about the quirks sometime

It would be nice. In the meanwhile, I went with a digital piano instead of a MIDI controller. But I'm still looking for a a MIDI controller with just sliders and knobs that can map automatically to Waveform and let me do mixing and VST parameter changes better (while also functioning as the same for iOS apps). If you know of anything tested with Waveform and works well, let me know. cheers!

Return to “Tracktion”