Zebra 2.9 released

Official support for: u-he.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Update Dec 4: Sale's over

Update Nov 27/28: We released Z2.9

Update Nov 26: We fixed a few leftover bugs and removed slow drawing bitmap graphics from large editors.

We're happy to announce that Zebra version 2.9 is coming soon! The official release is scheduled for the end of November, the update will be free for existing Zebra2 owners.

Zebra 2.9 introduces NKS support and macOS 10.15 Catalina compatibility. We also tagged the Zebra2 and Zebrify factory patch libraries, and we added X/Y pad control for countless variations per preset.

To celebrate the new version, Zebra2 will be available at a 30% discount until Dec. 4th. Head over to the product page and purchase Zebra2 now!

And since the release coincides with Black Friday, we decided to also offer something to our existing customers who may already own Zebra2. If you have at least one commercial u-he product currently registered, request an email on the My Licenses page now, and you will receive a personal coupon code for a 30% discount in our online store, also valid till Dec. 4th.

More info & fineprint: https://u-he.com/news/#black-friday-zebra2-nks-11-21

Here are the beta downloads:

Zebra2_290_9436_Mac.zip

Zebra2_290_9436_Win.zip

Note: Linux builds will be posted in coming weeks, we're still incorporating some recent changes into them.

Enjoy,

- Urs & team

Mini changelog von 9421 > 9436:
  • improved GUI performance
  • fixed issue when using dots in preset names
  • fixed issue with right-click in preset browser
  • some adjustments to Zebralette presets

Here are the changes since the last release, rev. 7422:

Improvements:
  • Mac installer notarized (Catalina)
  • NKS support for Zebra2 and Zebrify
  • Added tags
  • Factory presets all "XY-ified"
  • Two new oscillator effects (DX, Smear)
  • Browser: file system drag&drop support
  • Browser: import/export of favourite assignments
  • VST3 MIDI learn working
  • Windows installer improvements
  • Full UTF-8 support for installation paths
  • Mac installer improved to prevent permission issues
  • Improved GUI response time on some Macs running Mojave (sluggish GUI)
  • Windows GUI performance improved (less CPU load with open GUI)
  • Sustain pedal now working according to standard (0-63 = off, 64-127 = on)

Fixed:
  • Fixed an issue where some oscillator effect combinations would lead to silence
  • Fixed an issue where parameters could take over XY value from previous preset
  • Fixed an issue where Microtuning & low notes could lead to problems
  • Fixed an issue with the arp when not receiving MIDI note-off events
  • Fixed an issue with the MSEG in single trigger mode
  • Fixed rare crash when reopening old host projects
  • Fixed rare issue where newly imported presets would not show up
  • Fixed multiple graphics glitches in VCF module
  • Fixed a glitch when trying to adjust MSEG mod depth in Zebrify
  • Fixed wrong link to ZebraHZ presets folder (Windows only)
  • Various other fixes and improvements
Known Issues:
  • No Linux version yet
  • Crash when trying to load script presets (e.g. Randomizer)
  • MSEG graphics glitch in the fill gradient (Windows only)
  • Main display context menu needs plugin focus to work (Apple issue)

**** ZebraHZ & soundsets ****

ZebraHZ will be updated as well at some point; all u-he soundbanks for Zebra2 will be reworked with full XY assignments throughout 2020 - that's the plan. ZebraHZ with full support for Catalina is expected in December 2019/January 2020 but it will not yet have NKS support, nor be tagged and fully XY-assigned. Instead, it will have a few additions requested by HZ.

Furthermore, we would like to encourage all 3rd party sound designers to update their preset with XY assignments.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Check it out ^^

:hug:

Is there MPE support?

Amazing news! One of my fav synth! And nice news about discount for other products! Thanks for this!
And any updates for Zebra HZ?
Last edited by Alexander_D on Thu Nov 21, 2019 3:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Damn, the fine print already covers not combining both for a 60% discount on Zebra - that would have been a deal to jump on without having to think about it!

Doooope! will Zebra HZ gonna get the same update?

Alexander_D wrote: Thu Nov 21, 2019 3:08 pm And any updates for Zebra HZ?
Really excited to see the Diva filters up top with the rest of the modules. ^^

The Factory Library structure has also been slightly updated to match our current standard:

The category subfolders contain the whole library. The "Local" root presets (previously not contained in the subfolders) now have their counterparts in the subfolders too. All subfolder presets are tagged, the "Local" root ones aren't, otherwise you'd find these presets twice when searching via tags.
And no more "bonus" folders too, those presets were moved to their respective category.
So if you have Favourites in that old "Tenth Anniversary" bonus folder, consider copying it somewhere safe first, like the User area of Zebra's browser.

Cheers!
Viktor

Deadly! Great synth!
Will my preset banks work with the update?

vvilms wrote: Thu Nov 21, 2019 3:12 pm
Alexander_D wrote: Thu Nov 21, 2019 3:08 pm And any updates for Zebra HZ?
Really excited to see the Diva filters up top with the rest of the modules. ^^
True! Zebra is amazing synth! And the HZ is super HOT! Really hope to see Zebra HZ 2.9 soon as well!

Nice. Are there example presets for the new OSC effects? MMAP increment reset on songplay didn't make it in, I guess? The GUI actually feels a tiny bit more sluggish here on 10.13.4, for example the tree list scrolling in the preset browser, still usable.

One thing in the GUI I found:

- if you load a preset with activated/used FX slot A1, and you select it, and now load a preset with deactivated FX slot A1, the deactivated slot will be selected in a strange way (inverted font/outline color but not background), but the last fx will be shown on the right. For example, switch from HS Tiddlymoo (with slot A1 selected) to HS Transistorchestra under "3 fillers". Also the highlighting in the fx matrix isn't updated on preset load accordingly to the displayed fx (I guess the selection is saved into the preset).
Last edited by Hanz Meyzer on Thu Nov 21, 2019 3:51 pm, edited 3 times in total.

lectropunk wrote: Thu Nov 21, 2019 3:13 pm Deadly! Great synth!
Will my preset banks work with the update?
Will it kill the old presets ? Many of us using Zebra and other U-he every day rely heavily on the current/old preset system for projects.

Are we .1 update away from the long rumored 3.0 btw ?
Last edited by jamiescryin on Thu Nov 21, 2019 3:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jamiescryin wrote: Thu Nov 21, 2019 3:42 pm Will it kill the old presets ?
No.

*burp* (staff having some bubbly now)

Urs wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 1:28 pm And since the release coincides with Black Friday, we decided to also offer something to our existing customers who may already own Zebra2. If you have at least one commercial u-he product currently registered, request an email on the My Licenses page now, and you will receive a personal coupon code for a 30% discount in our online store, also valid till Dec. 4th.
This last part is a bit unfair to those customers who don´t own Zebra but other u-he synths.

Edit: hmm, I think I misread it.. sorry. You say customers who may own Zebra2 and then if you have at least one u-he product. I have 2 u-he synths but not Zebra2. Can I get the coupon as well?
Last edited by enCiphered on Thu Nov 21, 2019 3:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “u-he”