Behringer VSTs

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Yeah, they could make replicas of Albino, Z3ta, Vanguard, Komplexer and such.
You may think you can fly ... but you better not try

recursive one wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 10:04 am Yeah, they could make replicas of Albino, Z3ta, Vanguard, Komplexer and such.
Good one :clown: :lol:

When I worked at Midas back in the early 00's. One of the engineers, did a test VST of the Klark Teknik DN780 reverb whilst he was working on the DSP for their first digital console. That was rather nice to have.

So now Behringer own Midas / Klark Teknik, they could port their digital console effects to VST as well as create / recreate synths in software.

They have some very good software people...world class fx and there is a lot of DSP in their synths and ability to copy and model...they could definitely do it. Should they? (as the question asks) - Its a pretty crowded and cut throat industry (as will be seen by the BF sales!) which is utterly plagued by piracy (people just steal the products they want), it would be a brave decision! Interestingly the trend has been the other way, a lot of the big software guys have gone in to hardware (NI, Arturia, Ableton etc...even U-HE has dabbled with eurorack hardware).

'If' they do it, I wonder if it would be linked to a cheap hardware controller? If they could bring out 'good' VST's with dedicated hardware controllers (like this http://www.synth-project.de/controller_overview.html ) for the same price other were doing just the software, they may be a force to recon with...
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

This is all linked to their Wing desk.
"I was wondering if you'd like to try Magic Mushrooms"
"Oooh I dont know. Sounds a bit scary"
"It's not scary. You just lose a sense of who you are and all that sh!t"

Well, they bought TC Electronic, so it's not that they don't have world class algorithms at their disposal to release as VSTs.

Mushy Mushy wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 10:41 am This is all linked to their Wing desk.
How so? As a controller or host?
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

Sahul wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 10:43 am Well, they bought TC Electronic, so it's not that they don't have world class algorithms at their disposal to release as VSTs.
Including the Virus Powercore?

Then yes, I pretty much would like them to release it as a VSTi.
:hyper:
You may think you can fly ... but you better not try

Screen Shot 2019-11-20 at 11.49.28.png

VSTs
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Urs wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 10:50 am Screen Shot 2019-11-20 at 11.49.28.png

VSTs
:clap:

SLiC wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 10:47 am
Mushy Mushy wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 10:41 am This is all linked to their Wing desk.
How so? As a controller or host?
From their blurb:

"Putting a pro-quality sheen on your mixes is easy with the Behringer WING. A Standard FX rack with eight true-stereo processors supplies you with a useful array of modulation, EQ, and dynamics effects. Beyond that, you also get a second Premium FX rack with eight true-stereo processors with sought-after algorithms from TC Electronic’s M3000 multi-effects processor, as well as world-class effects from Lexicon, Quantec, and EMT. All 40 of the WING’s stereo input channels boast built-in EQ and dynamics, some of which are modeled after famous hardware from legendary manufacturers like Pultec, SSL, SPL, Neve, Focusrite, dbx, Universal Audio, Elysia, and Empirical Labs. Finally, this digital mixer’s four main, eight matrix, and 16 stereo aux buses all feature dual inserts, 8-band parametric EQs, a stereo imager, and full dynamics processing."

I think they have rather ambitious plans for expanding the functionality of the desk and therefore don't think said VSTs will be native.
"I was wondering if you'd like to try Magic Mushrooms"
"Oooh I dont know. Sounds a bit scary"
"It's not scary. You just lose a sense of who you are and all that sh!t"

SLiC wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 10:28 am 'If' they do it, I wonder if it would be linked to a cheap hardware controller? If they could bring out 'good' VST's with dedicated hardware controllers (like this http://www.synth-project.de/controller_overview.html ) for the same price other were doing just the software, they may be a force to recon with...
If they can bridge the gap between hardware and software then they will win music.

But it can't just be dedicated hardware controllers per plugin. It has to be something generic (Behringer's specialty!).
Behringer or anyone else that comes up with an actually useful and easy to use universal plugin controller will completely change the game (for real, an actual game changer!).

Urs wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 10:50 am Screen Shot 2019-11-20 at 11.49.28.png

VSTs
Synth VST's!

Well... that would be a bummer if they meant some kind of integration VST's for their hardware synths... doubt it though. They wouldn't ask like that if they wouldn't mean soft synths.

They’re already over-stretched trying to simultaneously manufacture and release multiple hardware products, so hopefully this isn’t a near-term strategy that will impact that further.

Software plugins is an already crowded market, so they would really have to knock it out of the park to make a dent there. Who knows though - who could have predicted where they are with hardware products a few years ago?

Return to “Instruments”