Bitwig Studio is getting a 16-track version (unofficial announcement)

Official support for: bitwig.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I was digging around in the beta 1 folder and found this startup splash screen. (resources folder)

I don't think anyone would know how it's going to be available but there it is.
Join us in the unofficial Bitwig Studio discord server: https://discord.gg/9bYrakS

That's actually great idea! Hopefully other limitations - like VST count - are upgraded as well.
Music tech enthusiast
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

Makes a lot of sense, especially to give people access to the grid and perhaps a second DAW geared towards experimental sound design or cv control.
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

The mac version I downloaded has only the 8-track splash...

Tj Shredder wrote: Sun Nov 17, 2019 1:39 pm The mac version I downloaded has only the 8-track splash...
Maybe perfect adaption to the Apple ecosystem.

Hanz Meyzer wrote: Sun Nov 17, 2019 3:14 pm
Tj Shredder wrote: Sun Nov 17, 2019 1:39 pm The mac version I downloaded has only the 8-track splash...
Don't start :D :wink:
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

:clap: :party:
Music tech enthusiast
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

:hihi: :hihi: :clap:

Ey! I am using macos myself, so that hurts! :hihi:

Its just a splash... :shock:
I just wonder, is in those windows resources the 8-track splash as well? If so, it would lead to different speculations as if not...
They might finally sell a stripped down version officially...

Yep, both on Windows (8 Track and 16 Track). I haven't checked Linux yet, still need to install the beta.

Actually I don't need more than 16 tracks. Downgrade possible?
Bitwig

16 tracks and 6 plugins would do me

daradei wrote: Thu Nov 21, 2019 8:42 am 16 tracks and 6 plugins would do me
First thing I thought of was Ableton Live Intro, 16 tracks but unlimited VSTs. That would be nice. :) Access to the grid at a similar price point to Intro (~£69?) would make it a great starter DAW or secondary one for sound design.

I wonder how they handle the upgrade plan for a 16 track version?

Return to “Bitwig”