Element of Life- Jon Solo

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Since I haven't really posted my music much here, I thought I would share a few pieces starting with this fun track I did. I call it fun because of how it came together. It has something for everyone ha!

Element of Life from the album Princess and the Pea-

https://soundcloud.com/jonsolo/element-of-life

Goes deep inside. Love it.

:tu:

Interesting to finally hear the music behind familiar faces.

Really enjoyed this. Had to listen at low volume, but will definitely come back for a headphone listen. Maybe I'll have more to say, after that.

Great job!

Lovely, nice ideas, good production. I think that a little less Hans Zimmer would help this track, a more delicate touch, it doesn't really need the bombast. To my ears, of course.

Being musical is always a good thing! It's nice to hear MUSICAL music in what seems a world devoid of it at times. (eg. Pop, Rap.) Nice work.

@robtcushman

I mean, I just don't know what to say. You joined over 13 years ago and this is your first post?

Thank you for the kind words...and what an honor.

First rate composition. :tu:

I thought that huge hit at 0:59 was OK the first time but then lost its impact when repeated. The sound at 3:33 was sort of like nails on a chalkboard for me.

Nice. Liked the breakdown at 1:37. Nice cinematic piano and choirs.

Thanks for the feedback!

I liked it. I didn't mind the "bombast", in fact I enjoyed the contrast between the louder elements and the quieter passages. In fact the quieter passages sounded very tasteful in both the composition and instrumentation departments. I think I agreed with Franz' comment about the "whistle" sound at 3:33. It sounded "artificial" and contained some resonances which seemed to be fighting the melody.

All in all, a very credible and accomplished piece of music which would probably be at home in a soundtrack application.

Good work :)

Return to “Music Cafe”