Steinberg Padshop 2

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Cosmic for Padshop Pro Droneland 2 for Padshop Pro Granular Worlds Padshop 2 Padshop Pro Polarities

Just been released.

Interesting, with a new spectral resynthesis mode along the granular.

https://new.steinberg.net/padshop/

From their email:

Padshop 2 is available as download through the Steinberg Online Shop for 129 euros. The update from Padshop Pro is 29.99 euros, the update from Padshop is 39.99 euros. All prices include German VAT.

Can it be resized for 4K etc?
I had stopped using it as the GUI was too small before.
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

Does it still need the eLicenser?
There's nothing mentioned on their product page...

Calenberger wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 4:07 pm Does it still need the eLicenser?
Guessing so as just bought it and it gave me an activation code specific for the elicenser system but it should probably offer soft version too

In my case I have Nuendo 10 and Absolute 4. I was able to download Padshop 2 through the download assistant for free. It runs with no issue.

SLiC wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 3:53 pm Can it be resized for 4K etc?
This. One of the reason I didn't decide to buy the old version yet :roll:
Blog ------------- YouTube channel
Tricky-Loops wrote: (...)someone like Armin van Buuren who claims to make a track in half an hour and all his songs sound somewhat boring(...)

Haven’t seen any resize options obvious to me still same size as old version too (tiny writing)
DJ Warmonger wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 4:22 pm

Just wondering, but... i used to own Cubase Artist, and updated Padshop to Padshop Pro, whose license i still have on my eLicenser... now that i don't own Cubase Artist anymore, i can't use Padshop Pro either, because, it obviously wants the "regular" Padshop license from Cubase as well... When i would upgrade my Padshop Pro license to Padshop 2 now, would i be able to use that, without owning the "underlying" Padshop license from Cubase?

I'm quite insecure now, as i always thought that the Padshop Pro license also works without a Cubase license, which obviously isn't the case. So, i don't know whether or not Padshop 2 also requires you to have Cubase. I probably should rather ask that on the Steinberg forums, but, maybe someone here knows, by chance.

I am in a similar dilemma. If I upgrade to Padshop 2, will I still be able to use Padshop Pro? Any idea?

Yes you can still it. Unlike ilok you don’t have to rescind licenses when upgrading.

masterhiggins wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 5:23 pm Yes you can still it. Unlike ilok you don’t have to rescind licenses when upgrading.
Sounds good, thanks. Does it mean both Padshop Pro and Padshop 2 will show up in the soft e-licenser that I am using?

I wonder if it still auto copies the dragged in samples on c:\ and consumes your ssd. Yeah i know this is totally logic and no problem and steinberg is top class and has to do it this way.
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

sureno wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 4:41 pm
DJ Warmonger wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 4:22 pm
Haven’t seen any resize options obvious to me still same size as old version too (tiny writing)
Okay then I may survive this Black Friday ;)

Still no single perfect granular synth, tho.
Blog ------------- YouTube channel
Tricky-Loops wrote: (...)someone like Armin van Buuren who claims to make a track in half an hour and all his songs sound somewhat boring(...)

sureno wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 4:08 pm
Calenberger wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 4:07 pm Does it still need the eLicenser?
Guessing so as just bought it and it gave me an activation code specific for the elicenser system but it should probably offer soft version too
If you upgraded, could you please confirm if both Padshop Pro and Padshop 2 can be used together and that they show up as separate licenses in e-licenser?

I have installed the update and it replaced my copy of Padshop Pro
My Steinberg account now only shows Padshop 2

It also says on the website that Padshop pro is being discontinued
Synth Presets and Music
https://linktr.ee/BoBSwanS

Return to “Instruments”