Steinberg Padshop 2

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Cosmic for Padshop Pro Droneland 2 for Padshop Pro Granular Worlds Padshop 2 Padshop Pro Polarities

IvyBirds wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2024 5:04 am Not just HALion7 but Cubase 13 as well
Ok (not Cubase user though).
Neon Breath wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2024 4:22 am One thing I will never understand is companies/developers that chose to deliberately ignore & not respond to their loyal customers who ask for news or a little bit of visibility on certain products in their OWN website forums. For me, it's a total lack of respect over their valuable customers and that tells alot about them and how they perceive their customers.
Well, can't not mention some opposite observations.
For example, recently (in dec 23) was observed important bug in Spectralayers' certain tool. Was make resp thread at Steinberg forum, and in the same month person from support shared fixed version installer, just inside the same thread, like christmas present lol, even before official build release. Which, you see, is a rather atypical (in a good way) move as for major vendor.
Another thing - i remember was many requests (at Steinberg forum), about adding FM engine for Halion, and they did it in H7.
What else, small updates come out quite regularly. Plus finally usb linking gone (for example, this was important for me).

Do not think that i some Steinberg endorser ot something. Just for the sake of fairness, i can't highlight them (from whole market) as particularly bad in support or listening of users. Because there is to compare with (Virsyn or Lexicon won't let to lie lol)
And i say all this despite that myself bugreported long ago in Backbone forum, but this report was ignored. (though not sure if this was little bug or actually intended nuance, if so it would be as request, nvm).

In summary, I would classify Steinberg as a standard (normal) level of responsivity, but not bad at all.

Afaik Spectralayers is programmed by someone else/or maybe someone who works for Steinberg but kinda more free?, who also replies on Steinberg Forums. i dunno to remember exactly but maybe this is why there is more work in shorter time.
also ADPTR reply on Gearspace more and are also a bit more supportable? and push maybe PA more to update their plugins.

so maybe Padshop is a different Team, Developer under the Steinberg flag.
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

Keep in mind, the Steinberg forums are not 'official' support forums. If you go there expecting the developers to chime right in, that only happens once in awhile when they happen to have time, or if there is some big issue blowing up they need to check in on. Those are user forums, your primary source for help and info is the rest of us 'normies'.. They expect you to fill out a proper support ticket through the website if you need actual help from them directly.

If you file support ticket with Steinberg, good luck getting a response.
Doing nothing is only fun when you have something you are supposed to do.

Dirtgrain wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2024 6:46 pm If you file support ticket with Steinberg, good luck getting a response.
That wasn't my experience. I got a timely response.

Spring Goose wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2024 7:32 pm
Dirtgrain wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2024 6:46 pm If you file support ticket with Steinberg, good luck getting a response.
That’s cool, you were mostly and probably lucky cause Steinberg is well known now for their over the top complex bureaucracy-like organization. And not having resizable plugins (Padshop the subject here) in 2024 is probably one of the causes.

Spring Goose wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2024 7:32 pm
This was about 2 years ago or so. I sent them three tickets, staggered over weeks. No response. I asked on the forum, and members there said, yep, that's the norm.
Doing nothing is only fun when you have something you are supposed to do.

Return to “Instruments”