Uhbik 2.0 public alpha rev. 9313

Official support for: u-he.com
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

sinkmusic wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 10:49 pm I can't seem to be able to install it : the installer keeps telling me that "the data directory can not be used" (and that target directory is NOT in "program files").
I tried either "C:\Users\xxxx\Documents\U-He\Uhbik" and "C:\VST64\test", none allowed the installer to run :(
This means the protection we built in to prohibit installation into problematic folders works, that's very good. :)
The warning message tells you what you need to know, the last sentence states "make sure the path ends with Uhbik.data", a folder named Uhbik2 simply won't work because the plugin wouldn't work correctly then.
But maybe we need to rewrite the warning message to be even more precise.
That QA guy from planet u-he.

david.beholder wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 8:56 am Bug:
Flanger, Phaser - Time units are displayed in ms instead of quarters.
From the known issues list in first post:
* Times parameter always adds ms unit, regardless of chosen time base
:wink:

I love inflation, find it a lot more usable than regular upward compression which is prone to violent unwieldiness.

Maybe it's just me, but I would prefer to see less "blood-orange" in the GUIs. As in this mock-up, alongside the original:

Image >>> https://i.imgur.com/1t08T3b.png
DarkStar, ... Interesting, if true
Inspired by ...

Nice! Need to check this out! Btw the more big and long awaited update is still Zebra3...

Alexander_D wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 1:00 pm Nice! Need to check this out! Btw the more big and long awaited update is still Zebra3...
The Zebra3 update is stalled by all the other updates we still need to release... ACE, Bazille, MFM2, Filterscape, Magware and, most of all, Uhbik.

However, I hope that the Uhbik update will show that we're serious about our long standing committments...

The orange modulation dot and depth indicator don't appear when you select a LFO source. They do appear when you drag from the LFO section.

Changing the depth in the matrix doesn't show the depth indicator on the target control. It keeps showing the last source that was added.

I was SO looking forward to this. And yes, I really liked the old GUIs for nostalgic reasons and YES, the new GUIs are probably a step forward.

An integrated clipper which is on by default is great.

I really thought I was not smart enough for the modulation system, turns out, the drag and drop system for mod assignments in the bottom four slots only started working after I changed zoom once on my system (MacBook Pro late 2013, Catalina, Logic Pro 10.4.7).

When I visualize the LFO, even while synced to the host tempo (e.g. 1/4 note), the LFO appears to be drifting forward. I would expect the waveform to be drawn exactly the same everytime the display is refreshed. Am I misunderstanding what I'm seeing?
..off to play with my music toys - library music production.
http://www.FiveMinuteHippo.com

Rivanni wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 1:31 pm The orange modulation dot and depth indicator don't appear when you select a LFO source. They do appear when you drag from the LFO section.

Changing the depth in the matrix doesn't show the depth indicator on the target control. It keeps showing the last source that was added.
Yes, it's working the same as in Hive.
If you select the LFO in the mod matrix, or adjust the modulation depth from the mod matrix depth control, it doesn't automatically switch to that modulation source, since you are not using the mod assigner feature at that moment.
However, there is an improvement ticket in our database to eventually add this, if it's possible.

medienhexer wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 1:32 pm When I visualize the LFO, even while synced to the host tempo (e.g. 1/4 note), the LFO appears to be drifting forward. I would expect the waveform to be drawn exactly the same everytime the display is refreshed. Am I misunderstanding what I'm seeing?
Probably. The scope visualizes a fixed time frame of ~4 seconds. It's not synced to the host clock or anything.

medienhexer wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 1:32 pm I really thought I was not smart enough for the modulation system, turns out, the drag and drop system for mod assignments in the bottom four slots only started working after I changed zoom once on my system (MacBook Pro late 2013, Catalina, Logic Pro 10.4.7).
Might be a Catalina thing, it works right from the start in Mojave. Anyone else getting this issue?

u-he-william wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 1:50 pm
medienhexer wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 1:32 pm When I visualize the LFO, even while synced to the host tempo (e.g. 1/4 note), the LFO appears to be drifting forward. I would expect the waveform to be drawn exactly the same everytime the display is refreshed. Am I misunderstanding what I'm seeing?
Probably. The scope visualizes a fixed time frame of ~4 seconds. It's not synced to the host clock or anything.
Would be neat, though. If the display was synced to host tempo, the Kick on the 1 would always be drawn at the left side of the scope.
..off to play with my music toys - library music production.
http://www.FiveMinuteHippo.com

LOVE these gui's! :love:

These do indeed sound and look great. Unfortunately, I already have most of those bases covered. I'd pay 'ColourCopy' money just for that Grain/Pitch module, though :love: :love:

Such a shame :cry:

medienhexer wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 1:32 pm I really thought I was not smart enough for the modulation system, turns out, the drag and drop system for mod assignments in the bottom four slots only started working after I changed zoom once on my system (MacBook Pro late 2013, Catalina, Logic Pro 10.4.7).
Checked Catalina and Logic 10.4.7, but over here the mod assignment dragging worked instantly.
What exactly did you mean by you changed zoom on your system?
I first thought you meant changing Uhbik's GUI size, but maybe you meant something else?

Return to “u-he”