korg collection updated for Mac OS X Catalina

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Having trouble synching my Korg Kross 2 with Mac Big Sur system. It isn't registering. So, in Logic Pro X 6, I can't use the sounds and midi functions for that Keyboard. The Korg site said to uninstall the latest Krome driver and use the standard Mac midi. However, the Kross 2 still doesn't register. Secondly, I have the Mac M1 chip which won't allow me to downgrade to Catalina. Has anyone else had this problem? I know this post isn't exactly concerning Catalina, however in a round about way it concerns it. Please help if anyone can. My compositions and productions are being held up because of this problem. I have the option of sending the audio from the Kross 2 directly into the Logic DAW, however, I then lose the MIDI functionality ie Chanel and sound collection synching etc. Thank you in advance.

Mac mini 2020, Big Sur 1.12, Korg Kross 2 88 key Black, Focusrite 6i6 2nd Gen Red, Tascam Model 12, Krome 88 key

You've just experienced why conventional wisdom/experience preaches 'wait at least 1/2 year or a year before jumping into a brand new system', and to make things worse, with brand new silicon.

Buy a second hand Intel Mac Mini or iMac with a tried and tested MacOS 10 version and go back to making music, until the new stuff has matured through others' painful experiences. :wink:
If it were easy, anybody could do it!

As far as I have been able to test it, KORG Collection runs fine on Mac mini M1 / Bigsur.

I couldn't get my Korg controller to work with Cubase back during Sierra OS, and they were apprised of the thing not working under Mac for years prior to that. I was only out a tiny bit of money compared to that thing (and I sent it back to Amazon for a refund). Things were slightly better under Logic but the same failure was widely reported. It was the same fix, delete the drivers and use it natively. I wouldn't have high expectations they are going to make it for the silicon and Big Sur any time soon. Research it down to the ground, you're going to have to abandon it or use a different computer, make sure it is known to work pretty widely on whatever configuration.

Return to “Instruments”