The SR audio demo thread!

Official support for: sonicreality.com and esoundz.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Caleb... It's supposed to sound like that. That was originally a brass/orch hit, and I wasn't happy with it so I punished it badly. :cool:

The background noise is deliberate too. That was an experiment. It's supposed to have a lot of detail in it actually, but the mp3 compression seems to have eaten it. :(

-Kim.

Kim (esoundz) wrote:Caleb... It's supposed to sound like that. That was originally a brass/orch hit, and I wasn't happy with it so I punished it badly. :cool:

The background noise is deliberate too. That was an experiment. It's supposed to have a lot of detail in it actually, but the mp3 compression seems to have eaten it. :(

-Kim.
dirty sound is in fashion. :D

tele
Listen to me at soundcklick:
www.soundclick.com/wewritesongs

Kim (esoundz) wrote:Caleb... It's supposed to sound like that. That was originally a brass/orch hit, and I wasn't happy with it so I punished it badly. :cool:
Any other noise was fine if I heard any, but the noise on the synth hit sounded like my speakers were buggered. It's kind of disconcerting to hear when you listen to a piece of music, but if it's intentional that's cool.

Caleb
Happiness is the hidden behind the obvious.

:cool: Yeah, I chose that distortion specifically because it was the cool sound of speakers crapping out. :evil:

-Kim.

Oh, I've made many like that :hihi:

Tom

How many good tunes here, I'll post mine too soon.

Not posted any music in this thread for ages (probably because the bastard government been making me work, and of course the dog ate the internet - but thats another story....), here's one of me latest, and favest;

details

even if some twat did say it sounded like c*****ay.

donkey tugger wrote:Not posted any music in this thread for ages (probably because the bastard government been making me work, and of course the dog ate the internet - but thats another story....), here's one of me latest, and favest;

details

Thinks would be so much better if you just admitted that you liked Peter Gabriel and did a progrock album with me. :D Just kidding. Awesome vocals once again. Cool track. Great sounds (love that ethereal piano part). The octave vocal thing is really great. Well done. Keep posting your tunes here when you've used any of our sounds.

By the way, I have something for you. Same address? PM me.
Last edited by Squids on Sat Oct 22, 2005 3:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

donkey tugger wrote:Not posted any music in this thread for ages (probably because the bastard government been making me work, and of course the dog ate the internet - but thats another story....), here's one of me latest, and favest;

details

Bonafied TWAT he was. Great tune, beautiful changes, a great listen on my end.
Pentagon,z3ta+,Tassman,Vsampler 3,FM7,Vocator,Sonar 3 Producer,SoundForge,Awave,Vegas 5
SFZ+,P5. And two kick ass DawBox machines!

Sorry I haven't been around in the last two weeks. Anyway,

HighRoller

Orchestras courtesy of Miroslav Philharmonik.
Drums and synthesisers courtesy of Sonik Synth 2.
Guitar amplifiers courtesy of Amplitube (1).
Post-processing courtesy of T-RackS.

-Kim.

Mighty cow, Kim. A great tune.

tele
Listen to me at soundcklick:
www.soundclick.com/wewritesongs

Yeah if you guys are perusing this thread MAKE SURE you check out Kim's tune. It is out-of-this-world good. So now I have the pleasure of posting something after an incredibly hard act to follow (thanks Kim for blowing my socks off!)

This one is called Deep Thoughts with Mr. Tunes - i'm sure many of you know what that reference is. Well anyways the setup is this: picture one of those ending sequences in a film where the two lovers must part for some bizarre reason and they're at an airport waiving goodbye for 3 minutes.

It's all Miroslav, just starting to work this baby out a little and get my head around what exactly goes on in this module as the sounds are very complex. There is some Sonik Synth 2 dabbled in there - it shouldnt be hard for you to figure out which is which since MP doesn't have a Rhodes, hard Drumkits right, or Electric JazzBass right?

Deep Thoughts With Mr. Tunes

i'm really just starting out with the plugin so you'll hear that i have some work to do with patch tweaking and using stretch etc. Any comments and critiques always welcome!

I decidied to do a demo using only the Sonic Refills Silver. It contains refills 1 - 5.

http://www.acidplanet.com/artist.asp?so ... 189&T=8534

and

http://www.auburn.edu/~keenudl/digital/ ... r_demo.mp3

I decidied to limit myself to just one set of sounds, Sonic Reality's Sonic Refill Silver. It was limiting and a little difficult, but rewarding in the end. It made me look for different solutions rather than different sounds (samples or patchs).

A little bit of light fun this time. :)

http://s94949173.onlinehome.us/kim/LowRoller.mp3

All sounds from Sonik Synth 2 (used from ST21). Post-processing by T-RackS.

The synth freakout was done by using the PSTS synth mode and assigning realtime controllers to grain size. 8)

-Kim.

Jeezus! That is incredible. It has this strange fusion of 70s,80s and 2000s progressive jazz. i'd like to hear some female vox over this. i might have a girl for you, if you're interested. i'm sure beardedone would LOVE to rip a furious jazz solo over this :)

Return to “Sonic Reality / eSoundz.com”