The $1,500 USD Plugin

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I haven't been interested in Harrison ever since seeing this video by Dan Worrall and the reaction from Harrison (not the same product): https://youtu.be/U9eySYxwDXI?si=BRqXm5buCJBJCJEm.

At least it's not bad, but any other plugin might do it as good if not better.

Too bad really, because I wanted to like it and it's available on Linux.

Well if it makes you feel any better , it's on sale for 99 .
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

Is it a non-must-have?

I mean, isn't it crazy to go down from
1500 to 99?!
Well, maybe they have learnt from Plugin Alliance

gentleclockdivider wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2024 12:30 pm Well if it makes you feel any better , it's on sale for 99 .
That is beyond ridiculous. How can this dev expect to be taken seriously?

Apparently, for bigger companies (or at least traditional ones, which came to the software market in the last years) it`s a more profit-bringing tactic to have a high price, but very often promos with 9ß-95% discount, because the high discount "blends" the users quite a bit.

Overall such tactics bring more... as having a "rational" price and sometimes normal promos (20-50% discount) - which would have also the advantage of previous buyers of the plugin (full price paid) not feeling negative... but it`s business.

How many nearly buy blindly a product or with just short checking (even if they don`t really need it that much) because it`s on a 80-95% discount? ....

buy now :?
aliasing plugin owner
:?

No, thanks.

this must be Elton John's favorite plugin of all time
I don't know what to write here that won't be censored, as I can only speak in profanity.

Burillo wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2024 4:03 pm this must be Elton John's favorite plugin of all time
ok Burillo I don't get it, help me understand :o

I'm curious about this at $99. I had no curiosity at $1500. The fact that 32C's EQ nulls with digital EQs after claiming component-level emulation troubles me. But a direct port of the extremely well-regarded MPC algorithms... For $99... I don't even DO dialog work, haha, I'm such a mark

Cyforce wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2024 1:04 pm How many nearly buy blindly a product or with just short checking (even if they don`t really need it that much) because it`s on a 80-95% discount? ....

If I am honest I have- and they remain unused! I don't do it any more, no group buys, no 96% off...it's all about marketing not music. The stuff that is actually worth having is almost never in this type of sale.
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

I was tempted a while back (Nov. 22) to get EW Opus Hollywood Orchestra. Reg price: 999€. When the sale was over, it was at its 'normal' price of 444€.

When I was buying guitars post pandemic, everyone was selling at MSRP. Pissed me off.
But, yeah, I tend to be very skeptical at the 'value' companies put on their stuff. Seems like they make that stuff up, or someone with stats knows how to price things for the first time punters who don't know to wait for sales.
Which was me. :oops:
“Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that."
-Martin Luther King Jr.

Agreed wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2024 4:28 pm
Burillo wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2024 4:03 pm this must be Elton John's favorite plugin of all time
ok Burillo I don't get it, help me understand :o
it's a very old in-joke from the time a dev tried to justify the price of a delay plugin: viewtopic.php?p=5922365

it's been rattling round gear forums ever since.

technically, it should be Elton john's mix engineer's favourite plugin.

and the point everyone forgets is towards the end of boz's post.

the thing is, he's (mostly) right. that doesn't make it a good thing, mind you, but it's a bit like nuendo vs cubase. it's (or was) basically the same programme, with some features turned off in one of the two (artificially), and aimed at two different markets.

gaggle of hermits wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2024 4:41 pm it's a very old in-joke from the time a dev tried to justify the price of a delay plugin: viewtopic.php?p=5922365
Audio Flatulence has an Elton's Bundle

https://audioflatulence.com/

plexuss wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2024 5:48 pm
gaggle of hermits wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2024 4:41 pm it's a very old in-joke from the time a dev tried to justify the price of a delay plugin: viewtopic.php?p=5922365
Audio Flatulence has an Elton's Bundle

https://audioflatulence.com/
the testimonials make me worried using this will not result in placebo but instead transport the user into the eighth dimension.

Return to “Effects”