Cubase 10.5 is here now....

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Cubase Artist 13 Cubase Elements 13 Cubase Pro 13

Scotty wrote: Fri Nov 22, 2019 8:23 pm
Mushy Mushy wrote: Fri Nov 22, 2019 8:17 pm I'll preface my next comment with the fact I've had a few beers and know I'm up for a fight :D

Junkie XL has several thousand tracks in his template and uses Cubase to score multimillion dollar Hollywood blockbusters so any "issues" you guys are mentioning must be user error.

*Runs for the door*
I know you are having some fun with the post but for those who seriously use this line of argument just look at each revision for the bug fix list. Steinberg, to their credit, publishes these fixes with each iteration. When someone says that Cubase works perfectly for them it is because they are using a subset of the features like most of us. The program is very deep and most of us don't rely on its full feature set. I haven't found any show-stoppers. Steinberg does a good job of sorting those out but there are certainly bugs which are documented and tracked by Steinberg. Have another beer. I think I'll join you.
:tu:

My post is 50/50 TBH.

Half having fun but also wondering why if he can manage why cant "bedroom hobbyists"? I should reiterate this isn't directed at anybody in particular, just a general curiosity.

I'm sure even he would say it isn't perfect but he works around the programs shortcomings. I think the geniuine reason is because he grew up on Atari's/Akai's etc so many of us don't really know how good we have it nowadays.
"I was wondering if you'd like to try Magic Mushrooms"
"Oooh I dont know. Sounds a bit scary"
"It's not scary. You just lose a sense of who you are and all that sh!t"

Mushy Mushy wrote: Fri Nov 22, 2019 8:27 pm
Scotty wrote: Fri Nov 22, 2019 8:23 pm
Mushy Mushy wrote: Fri Nov 22, 2019 8:17 pm I'll preface my next comment with the fact I've had a few beers and know I'm up for a fight :D

Junkie XL has several thousand tracks in his template and uses Cubase to score multimillion dollar Hollywood blockbusters so any "issues" you guys are mentioning must be user error.

*Runs for the door*
I know you are having some fun with the post but for those who seriously use this line of argument just look at each revision for the bug fix list. Steinberg, to their credit, publishes these fixes with each iteration. When someone says that Cubase works perfectly for them it is because they are using a subset of the features like most of us. The program is very deep and most of us don't rely on its full feature set. I haven't found any show-stoppers. Steinberg does a good job of sorting those out but there are certainly bugs which are documented and tracked by Steinberg. Have another beer. I think I'll join you.
:tu:

My post is 50/50 TBH.

Half having fun but also wondering why if he can manage why cant "bedroom hobbyists"? I should reiterate this isn't directed at anybody in particular, just a general curiosity.

I'm sure even he would say it isn't perfect but he works around the programs shortcomings. I think the geniuine reason is because he grew up on Atari's/Akai's etc so many of us don't really know how good we have it nowadays.
I need to learn more patience with what I find annoying or hard to work through with Cubase tbh, it's too easy to get frustrated and fk it off, if I took the time to find a workable alternative I'm sure I'd work a lot better with it.
Don't trust those with words of weakness, they are the most aggressive

Ah_Dziz wrote: Fri Nov 22, 2019 7:54 pm I know how to program that. It doesn’t work in real time though. I’d love to see that added which was the point. The closest it comes now is having some of the transformations work on playback.
In real-time ? So you want Cubase to do random stuff while you're playing ?
More BPM please

*Runs for the door*
He might be on this forum complaining about update pricing, you never know :lol:
More BPM please

dionenoid wrote: Sat Nov 23, 2019 12:41 am
Ah_Dziz wrote: Fri Nov 22, 2019 7:54 pm I know how to program that. It doesn’t work in real time though. I’d love to see that added which was the point. The closest it comes now is having some of the transformations work on playback.
In real-time ? So you want Cubase to do random stuff while you're playing ?
That is exactly what I want. It would be handy for numerous scenarios.
Don't F**K with Mr. Zero.

dionenoid wrote: Sat Nov 23, 2019 12:46 am

*Runs for the door*
He might be on this forum complaining about update pricing, you never know :lol:
:D
Hang on, you're from Holland.... Tom is that you?

BONES wrote: Fri Nov 22, 2019 12:49 pm ....
tbh the fact you actually looked me up on Discogs is touching tbh, but that's actually laughable, as I really couldn't careless what your production ability is like nor what your success is, and you accuse me of being up myself , pot kettle junior ?

But curiosity got the better of me, so I went to find some of your work, and I was pleasantly suprised, there are aspects of it that I liked, it's not my cup of tea but I am not going to slate your work here or anywhere. Now you as a person, strike me as a complete and utter bellend, but as a producer you certainly can hold your own, and I used to have Novakill VST's many years ago, memories are stirred there.

So best of luck with your music, and if you wanna keep this going, you can, but I still think Cubase 10.5 update is sh!t for the money. (But i'll still buy it when its 40% off, or whatever the summer deal is)
Don't trust those with words of weakness, they are the most aggressive

Scotty wrote: Fri Nov 22, 2019 8:23 pm I know you are having some fun with the post but for those who seriously use this line of argument just look at each revision for the bug fix list.
Since when is a bug fix list or a changelog a sign that a software has many issues? Just look at any internet browser, and see through the bug fixes, and you'll notice that those go in the hundreds. Does that mean that the software is full of issues and you can't work with it? Not at all.

chk071 wrote: Sat Nov 23, 2019 12:51 pm
Scotty wrote: Fri Nov 22, 2019 8:23 pm I know you are having some fun with the post but for those who seriously use this line of argument just look at each revision for the bug fix list.
Since when is a bug fix list or a changelog a sign that a software has many issues? Just look at any internet browser, and see through the bug fixes, and you'll notice that those go in the hundreds. Does that mean that the software is full of issues and you can't work with it? Not at all.
I made no such claims.

dionenoid wrote: Fri Nov 22, 2019 1:01 pm
LeVzi wrote: Fri Nov 22, 2019 7:02 am
BONES wrote: Fri Nov 22, 2019 12:01 am
LeVzi wrote: Thu Nov 21, 2019 6:37 amI am still waiting for them to overhaul the automation system, it is AWFUL right now, and they need a more user friendly approach to it.
I think it's great - intuitive, easy and fast. It's one of the things I enjoy most about Cubase.
Makes me wonder if you even use it. And if you do, drawing straight lines doesn't count :roll: If you think it's perfect and easy and fast to use ? :roll:
I use automation on a daily basis and it works perfectly fine for me, quick and easy.

They overhauled it a few versions ago btw. Made things easier and even more accessible to edit in multiple ways, including easy curve drawing.
I would have to second that, simple, powerful, and very importantly precise. I can do anything I need to without hitting a barrier so far.

LeVzi wrote: Sat Nov 23, 2019 12:44 pmI really couldn't careless what your production ability is like nor what your success is, and you accuse me of being up myself , pot kettle junior ?
Your problem is you make it all personal. What if someone like Bob Clearmountain or George Martin happened to post something here that you didn't particularly agree with, would you maybe consider that they might have a better handle on it that you do or is your ego so fragile that you couldn't allow even the possibility that you might be wrong? Which is to say that someone's level of experience and achievements is not a bad yardstick when it comes to deciding how much credence to give their point of view, which is why i look up a lot of people I get into discussions with around here. Of course, mostly it's easy because they aren't embarrassed about their music and have links in their signatures but occasionally you have to dig a bit deeper before dismissing someone as a know-nothing fool. (Yes, I am dismissing you as a know-nothing fool.)
you as a person, strike me as a complete and utter bellend
Something with which I am completely comfortable because you have absolutely no idea who I am or what sort of person I am. As I implied above, you can't take things personally on a place like this. None of us know anything about anyone else here and I have no desire to spare anyone's feelings so it's hardly surprising that certain people will get their necks in a knot over the way they perceive they are being treated. I honestly just don't care.
but as a producer you certainly can hold your own, and I used to have Novakill VST's many years ago, memories are stirred there.
Thanks. It's easy to be a bit objective if you try, isn't it? Wait until you hear the new stuff we've done in Cubase, it is going to blow all our old stuff out of the water.
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

currentsound wrote: Mon Nov 18, 2019 1:49 am I summarized the bugs and flaws I discovered on my blog post here. https://currentsound.com/general/cubase ... d-testing/
Did you post the bugs on the Steinberg-forum under Issues?

LeVzi wrote: Sat Nov 23, 2019 12:44 pm
BONES wrote: Fri Nov 22, 2019 12:49 pm ....
tbh the fact you actually looked me up on Discogs is touching tbh, but that's actually laughable, as I really couldn't careless what your production ability is like nor what your success is, and you accuse me of being up myself , pot kettle junior ?

But curiosity got the better of me, so I went to find some of your work, and I was pleasantly suprised, there are aspects of it that I liked, it's not my cup of tea but I am not going to slate your work here or anywhere. Now you as a person, strike me as a complete and utter bellend, but as a producer you certainly can hold your own, and I used to have Novakill VST's many years ago, memories are stirred there.

So best of luck with your music, and if you wanna keep this going, you can, but I still think Cubase 10.5 update is sh!t for the money. (But i'll still buy it when its 40% off, or whatever the summer deal is)

Bones has the 'tism. Ha ha. After you reached out to him, he still smited you. They can't help it.

You're a good sport, and it shows through.

You can't really get through to people like Bones because it's neurological. He probably doesn't even realise he has autism and has probably never been diagnosed. This isn't meant as an insult - it's just an observation.

Quite a high percentage of people who post on KVR are on the spectrum. I've even lost friends because they don't like me pointing this out, all the while, their kids being diagnosed with autism. It really hurts. And I can understand why.

One of the major signs of being on the spectrum is when someone really goes the extra mile to meet you in the middle, but they just all out attack you just like Bones did. It seems insane to the impartial objective observer. But that is autism for you.

Bones is ok.

You've really done your best to meet him half way. He's insulted you (in a way I'm sure he would not have done to your face) and he's really doubled down on his arguments. Still, you have tried to be reasonable. But the more you 'meet' him, the more he will try to 'destroy' you.

He can't quite grasp that no one reads his multi-quote replies. And more than that, he really can't quite grasp that no one reads his multi-quote replies as sage wisdom to be acknowledged for the great higher power it entails.

Than again LeVzi old chap, you have been a bit of a loud cheeky c**t and it's good to see someone like Bones bring you down to size.

:party:

KVR is an endless fascination.

I think this is probably the point you and Bones make up, join forces and tell me what an absolute wanker I am for having the temerity to say all this?

:hug:

Cubase uh?

Who would have ever thought it would come to this?

:borg:

BONES wrote: Sun Nov 24, 2019 12:33 am Your problem is you make it all personal.
:hihi:

:lol:

:hyper:

Don't ever stop being you, you magnificent bastard!

:hug:

Bones and autism? GTFO. He’s just a typical straight shootin’, take no prisoners Aussie.

Nowadays anybody who speaks their mind is “on the spectrum” :roll:

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”