ADA Flanger

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

v1o wrote: Fri Jan 03, 2020 1:47 am I don't use flangers. I never saw the point of adding whooshing noises to music.
Its great for widening tracks when use subtly, add motion to sustained notes/pads and add vibe/ grit to electric pianos. I personally also use it on lead guitars a lot. It’s not for everyone but the widening/subtle movement trick was en eye opener to me.

This one is one of the best imho, the softube fix flanger is a close second and actually better at subtle widening.

v1o wrote: Fri Jan 03, 2020 1:47 am I don't use flangers. I never saw the point of adding whooshing noises to music.
I never saw the point in people slagging off things they have no clue about...
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

jens wrote: Fri Jan 03, 2020 4:02 am
I never saw the point in people slagging off things they have no clue about...
I won’t even pay $199 for a hardware flanger.
Orion Platinum, Muzys 2

There are less obvious ways to use them. Mind you, they seem to be coming back in fashion a bit. Well, I think alot of Metal players have always been using them to be honest.

Mildly necro, surprised there haven’t been comments for three years.

Anyone experiencing crashes in logic with this? Surprised because almost all PA stuff works perfectly and this one crashes my logic session consistently…often when i’m doing something else in the session and not operating, automating, even looking at the plugin.

Ventura, logic 10.7.6,

No, I don't.

But then again I'm on Windows... :hihi:.
where's my coat?
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

jens wrote: Fri Jan 13, 2023 7:24 pm No, I don't.

But then again I'm on Windows... :hihi:.
where's my coat?
This helps though!

I haven’t had any crashes with it in Studio One on Mac (M1 pro.)

Maybe try reinstalling the A/DA Flanger through the PA Installation Manager. I don’t think it auto updates plugins otherwise.
THIS MUSIC HAS BEEN MIXED TO BE PLAYED LOUD SO TURN IT UP

I have this, but still prefer the one by Audiority.

jamcat wrote: Sat Jan 14, 2023 11:37 am I haven’t had any crashes with it in Studio One on Mac (M1 pro.)

Maybe try reinstalling the A/DA Flanger through the PA Installation Manager. I don’t think it auto updates plugins otherwise.
Waiting for PA to get back to me. I’ll try a fresh install, though not hopeful because this purchase is less than two weeks old.

no crashes in W10, Reaper. Such a nice plugin.

vitocorleone123 wrote: Sat Jan 14, 2023 4:18 pm I have this, but still prefer the one by Audiority.
sorry for my ignorance, but:
which one is it ? maybe you have a link?
i can't recall nor find any ada on their site...must be blind...

muki wrote: Sat Jan 14, 2023 7:30 pm
vitocorleone123 wrote: Sat Jan 14, 2023 4:18 pm I have this, but still prefer the one by Audiority.
sorry for my ignorance, but:
which one is it ? maybe you have a link?
i can't recall nor find any ada on their site...must be blind...
Sure. It IS labeled "flanger" and all, but it's not in the product name so a quick scan could definitely miss it.

https://www.audiority.com/shop/electric-matter/

vitocorleone123 wrote: Sat Jan 14, 2023 9:23 pm Sure. It IS labeled "flanger" and all, but it's not in the product name so a quick scan could definitely miss it.

https://www.audiority.com/shop/electric-matter/
ah yes, i see, thanks
that's the EHX one (different kind of beast imho)
doesn't have the triggered possibility though

Robert Smith of the Cure said he ran his guitar through a flanger (I forget which one, I think a basic cheap Roland one of the era) on every Cure album of the 80s and practically every single song.

But if you can't see a use for flanging, surely he was wrong to do so. :tu:

Return to “Effects”