1 John 2: 1-2

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I started using reverb, EQ and Delay plugins. I also master my tracks myself now. I will share the track I made here.
Please do not give any comments like how I can not compose, can not play the keyboard.
You may give your opinion about the sound levels of each instruments, for instance if you think a certain instrument or part of the drum is too loud. I have the tools now and chan change that now. I could not easily do that before.
If this topic goes in the wrong direction again I will just leave.

https://soundcloud.com/mo7ex/1-john-212
Heavenly Sounds Approved This.

I've been watching your posts and have noticed a great improvement in your music.
What I will say however, as some before me have, you need to take criticism.
Giving out rules to people saying what they can and cannot comment on is not good at all.
You either take criticism and learn from it or don't bother at all.
This by the way, is not a mastered track. Mastering is the final stage in production to make a track radio ready. Your track needs to be mixed properly before that stage.
Mastering is best left to professionals in this field or by highly competent producers.
Your track sounds too empty in places. I'd suggest putting in some pads or strings in there.

Yes I know, I just used a mastering tool. I normally do it with a website but now I have a plugin. I just use it to get it on the right volume level... I did put a pad in there but only on the chorus I think its called in English. I will put more strings or pad in the other sections too. I have already made another song and the pad sometimes comes in thru the whole song. It plays the whole time in the chorus. Maybe that will be better. I am not uploading the song yet. Will listen to it again later and see if I can improve it. I been working on it for 4+ hours and its best I now leave it for what it is and listen back later since I then hear better what could improve. Thank you for your comment and time to listen to it.

You 're welcome. Keep it up, you will only get better and better.
Don't worry about trying to master yet. Just try and make your mix listenable on other devices and places like sound cloud. But most importantly, concentrate on the song/track musiclly first before anything else.

Is it not listenable? I heared it on speakers and headphones and it sounded okay?

The problem is that I do not have monitors. I do not have the money for them... So I have to create music with headphones or my logitech speakers...

Would these do? https://www.audiomixonline.be/pioneer-s ... -stuk.html

Another question: How can I connect them too pc?

Mozex wrote: Wed Oct 16, 2019 1:28 pm The problem is that I do not have monitors. I do not have the money for them... So I have to create music with headphones or my logitech speakers...
You could try Waves Abbey Road Studio 3 and a pair of compatible headphones.

Would two monitors not be a better idea Frank1985?

Ok I think that I hear now what you are talking about but I am not sure at all... Is it possible some sounds do not play right in headphones (maybe also speakers but I did not hear that because I live next to a road which is busy) it sounds like the bass for instance is harder on the left side then on the right side. I do not know how to explain it but I hear something that does not seem to be right? Are you talking about that or am I imagining things now?

Mozex wrote: Wed Oct 16, 2019 1:07 pm Is it not listenable? I heared it on speakers and headphones and it sounded okay?
No it's not that it's not listenable. I'm just saying concentrate in the track itself before any attempt in mastering.
Also note that a bass should be in the centre of a mix. Mono if possible.

I've noticed an improvement in your tracks too compared to when you first posted a few months ago.
If anyone criticizes, then just take it as their opinion, not that they are right or wrong. Music is so subjective.

My comments on this track: it might be nice to insert a bridge. A bridge has normally a different chord progression which is linked to the main chord progression but is complimentary and makes the whole thing more interesting. Soemtimes it centers around the non-root chord of the song, and makes you feel like you need to come back to the main song to resolve. Its quite effective.

Anyway, keep up the good work, you are definitely improving. :tu:

Mozex wrote: Wed Oct 16, 2019 2:07 pm Would two monitors not be a better idea Frank1985?
Yeah if you have room treatment...but if money's tight, ARS3 and a decent pair of headphones is a good compromise IMO...certainly beats logitech speakers. If you do go the monitor route look into saving up for room treatment and/or sonarworks calibration software, Reference

as others have mentioned, try to embrace any criticism that comes your way and don't take it personally.

“I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work."

Mozex wrote: Wed Oct 16, 2019 1:07 pm Is it not listenable? I heared it on speakers and headphones and it sounded okay?
headphones is fine :)
so long as you can hear what you're doing, if money is tight, dont be thinking you need anything more than you have.

i wont comment on the track yet as i haven't listened, but i wanted to comment about your locked thread, and i hope you take this as someone trying to help...
i too suffer from severe depression, and while it can be triggered by comments, you have to remember, no one is making you depressed, other than your illness.

however, if when you feel better, you go back and read that thread, to start with the criticism was more hints and tips, things you can either use or ignore on your next piece.
if you are happy with a piece, and someone suggests something, it's just a different artists idea about that piece, it doesnt mean you are wrong or anything like that.

the idea of a forum is to discuss things, so people will comment. some people here would love as much attention on an individual track, including the bad stuff. because we can all learn from criticism, from someone trying for the first time to people with number one albums.
we all learn from each other in these discussions :)

keep doing what you do and dont take things so personal, no one here knows you ;)

vurt wrote: Wed Oct 16, 2019 5:53 pm
headphones is fine :)
so long as you can hear what you're doing, if money is tight, dont be thinking you need anything more than you have.

i wont comment on the track yet as i haven't listened, but i wanted to comment about your locked thread, and i hope you take this as someone trying to help...
i too suffer from severe depression, and while it can be triggered by comments, you have to remember, no one is making you depressed, other than your illness.

however, if when you feel better, you go back and read that thread, to start with the criticism was more hints and tips, things you can either use or ignore on your next piece.
if you are happy with a piece, and someone suggests something, it's just a different artists idea about that piece, it doesnt mean you are wrong or anything like that.

the idea of a forum is to discuss things, so people will comment. some people here would love as much attention on an individual track, including the bad stuff. because we can all learn from criticism, from someone trying for the first time to people with number one albums.
we all learn from each other in these discussions :)

keep doing what you do and dont take things so personal, no one here knows you ;)
Spot on! :tu:
I was going to post something similar in the now locked thread.
The inner workings of vurts mind are a force to be reckoned with.
music is a need in my life...yes I could survive without it but tbh I dont know how
myfeebleeffort
https://paulroach2.bandcamp.com/
https://hearthis.at/83hdtrvm/

Return to “Music Cafe”