How to get this tone please

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Oh, and while we're at it, there's this:

http://www.ampbuildingclass.com/my-srv-story.html
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

lol, I went to one of Bruce's classes and heard that story and a few more first hand .. pluce got an awesome 60 watt one off amp. Another anecdote was Ted Nuggent or someone like that was all stoked when he got a chance to play through Eddie VH's rig ... only to find out FxCK .. I sound like me!
If you have to ask, you can't afford the answer

JCJR wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2019 10:02 am Sure sounds like wah from 1:00 to 1:10. I don't hear him "clicking in the wah" and the tone seems identical with smooth tone transition right before he starts wah-ing. So possibly he has a wah enabled and using it as static tone control over a wider stretch of the song. Dunno my ears were never golden or even tin. Several parts of the song do sound selectively static band boosted as could happen either from static wah, EQ, or any number of other fx including effed-up cab mic placement. :)
Yes, definitely wah at about the 1:03 mark.
I think you're right that for the majority of the track the wah is just being used as a static filter so if there wasn't that little passage you wouldn't even know it's there.

You could definitely get a tone like this without the wah though.
Just go full fender and tweak things until your satisfied.

Can't deny the playing is a huge factor though.

Return to “Effects”