Soul trace

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

The track is nice itself, but IMO something is wrong with the melody.
My website MarcelDeneuve.com. There I post my music and write different thoughts. I'd be glad to see You there!

I listen to a lot of smooth jazz and jazz fusion. I'm not hearing a problem with the melody.

Mix: The bass needs some eq attention. The synth lead is a bit loud. The drums may be over-compressed or possibly the mastering is to blame. The guitar @ the end sounds horrible. Fizzy. Needs some body.

Very cool having the sax solo after the guitar solo and then breaking down to a lovely finish.

Overall, if the mix / mastering were improved, I think it would make all the difference. It's very nearly there imho.

Nice arrangement! :)
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

Hello, i've listened your track,and i like but i think you can improve it .In my opinion is a ambient,cinematic track with some elements of jazz and fussion.But the feeling (to me) is electronic ambient music.I think a little bit more reverb in the synth lead and guitar could be great.As Aloysius post above,the bass can be improved.But the track is very good anyway.Thanks for sharing!

I thank you for your comments, however about the mix, today I can recognize more errors than in the past, when I made the mix. Maybe tomorrow I will resume my work better. I feel happy about the composition work already. An increase in mixing and mastering is always welcome !!!
Thank you again.
For Marcel:
I'm sorry but I don't hear anything that doesn't work in the melody :phones:

not a bad track man, arrangement wise...funky. it got better as it progressed. I think maybe the main melody is sticking out too much and could do with being blended back a bit with some delay or reverb? Maybe also add some tail to it (decay, release).

First of all, Frank, thank you for your comments. I created the melody on the piano before recording it and I can tell you that in my humble opinion it is in perfect tonality. I can't see things that are wrong, respecting personal tastes that can be different. Different is the mix / mastering that needs corrections as you kindly observed. Thanks again.

Return to “Music Cafe”