Audiomodern releases Playbeat - Creative Groove Randomizer

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Playbeat 2

I like the idea of Playbeat, and it looks fun, but the fact that you can’t export audio (like Riffer), and lack of multiple outputs make it more like a toy you can waste a couple of hours on. Then again, it’s pretty cheap. I have a feeling it will get cheaper even, after the introductory price expires. I got Riffer for $19 bucks that way. I just waited and 2 weeks later Riffer went on sale thru Audio Plugin Deals (or was it VST Buzz?) for even cheaper.

Playbeat has multiple outputs

GilJ wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 9:05 pm Playbeat has multiple outputs
Oh that’s cool. I missed that somewhere along the way watching the demos

Double reply.

Hi,

I submitted a couple of ideas for Playbeat and I would be pleased to know what you think of them ;)

1- Browsing samples :
  • It will be really cool if it was possible to select Next and Previous sample on each slot
  • A random pick in the actual folder containing the sample would also be nice
2- Presets :
  • A right click for example, for overwriting a preset button would be very cool
3- Random :
  • Random Pitch : the possibility to constrain to a selected scale
4- Sample editing :
  • Some features like sample length (or a little ADSR) and not only sample start
  • Sample reverse
5- Exporting
  • Export Audio and Midi (Drag & Drop)
6- Panning for each sample (I know that using the multiple outputs that gets possible 😉 )

7- GUI : I think that there a few clicks that could be avoided. Instead of selecting each time one of the four slots to editing each volume, shuffle, or random parameters. I think that it would be really cool to have 4 lanes with volume, shuffle etc. always visible for the all the 4 slots (no need to select each slot to set the levels etc.)

Cheers,
GilJ.

Weird there’s no drag and drop audio and midi options, huge oversight me tinks..

So, really no MIDI out ? nah

GilJ wrote: Sat Oct 19, 2019 4:16 pm Hi,

I submitted a couple of ideas for Playbeat and I would be pleased to know what you think of them ;)

1- Browsing samples :
  • It will be really cool if it was possible to select Next and Previous sample on each slot
  • A random pick in the actual folder containing the sample would also be nice
2- Presets :
  • A right click for example, for overwriting a preset button would be very cool
3- Random :
  • Random Pitch : the possibility to constrain to a selected scale
4- Sample editing :
  • Some features like sample length (or a little ADSR) and not only sample start
  • Sample reverse
5- Exporting
  • Export Audio and Midi (Drag & Drop)
6- Panning for each sample (I know that using the multiple outputs that gets possible 😉 )

7- GUI : I think that there a few clicks that could be avoided. Instead of selecting each time one of the four slots to editing each volume, shuffle, or random parameters. I think that it would be really cool to have 4 lanes with volume, shuffle etc. always visible for the all the 4 slots (no need to select each slot to set the levels etc.)

Cheers,
GilJ.

:clap: :clap: :clap:

I had a reply from Audiomodern telling me that requests 1, 2, 4, 5 had already been added and that there will be an update coming in the follwing days :hyper:

GilJ wrote: Sun Oct 20, 2019 8:00 pm I had a reply from Audiomodern telling me that requests 1, 2, 4, 5 had already been added and that there will be an update coming in the follwing days :hyper:
I'm much more interested in it now. Thanks for the info.

GilJ wrote: Sun Oct 20, 2019 8:00 pm I had a reply from Audiomodern telling me that requests 1, 2, 4, 5 had already been added and that there will be an update coming in the follwing days :hyper:
Excellent news, thanks a lot!

Nice plug-in. But after just a few minutes it crashes Studio One 4.5.2 in all formats on Mac OS 10.12.6.

All of a sudden it is looking better. I think AudioDeluxe has this for $31 (once you sign in and add it to your cart). I may have to pick this up soon. EDIT: WRONG. I think the price just went up. It's $41 with the discount.

W23 wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2019 7:23 pm
All of a sudden it is looking better. I think AudioDeluxe has this for $31 (once you sign in and add it to your cart). I may have to pick this up soon
It´s $41 not $31 :tu:

enCiphered wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2019 7:28 pm
W23 wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2019 7:23 pm
All of a sudden it is looking better. I think AudioDeluxe has this for $31 (once you sign in and add it to your cart). I may have to pick this up soon
It´s $41 not $31 :tu:
Yeah, I checked right after I typed that. Lol! Ok, who has it cheaper than $41?

Return to “Instruments”