Can't wait for the new S3 libraries

Official support for: impactsoundworks.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

We added a new feature to Hydra which is pretty cool - a dedicated 'Pick Attack' knob. We noticed that when guitarists perform notes individually, they do so very "cleanly" with minimal noise. When they play quickly - particularly in solos - their playing is dirtier and more noises come through. Most of this is accurately reproduced with our pitched & unpitched release noise samples. However, we noticed that sometimes in real playing, there was a lot more pick sound than in the samples, even though the performer was playing the notes the same way.

Rather than force a more artificial playing method, we harvested a range of pick samples from real performances and put them in the instrument. These are triggered on any pick articulation in Hydra (e.g. mutes, sustains, etc., but not hammer/pull). You can adjust the volume of this extra sound on the main page. This is NOT the same thing as a rake - it doesn't delay the note at all. It's just more pre-transient noise. By adjusting global offset, you can really customize the way your note attacks sound.

Otherwise we've been doing some minor tuning adjustments as with an 8-string guitar, mute tuning is quite a beast. I think we'll nail it this week and submit to NI then.
Shreddage 3 Stratus: Next generation Kontakt Player guitar, now available!

Impact Soundworks - Cinematic sounds, world instruments, electric guitars, synths, percussion, plugins + more!

yes thats a really good and important feature too. also the fret noise by changing frets is important for sound when play with high distortion. jamstix algorithmic drummer have a parameter called limb control(can switch on or off). this can also add in a guitar. so when the fret change more than 2 positions it can then for every additional fret the hand need move increase the start time delay and the hand noise between note realease and new pick increase. but there need not release a perfect guitar now. this can add later. I am happy when i can buy a impact soundwork guitar now that have good sounding high notes sounds. I own ample and orangetree guitars. this have no problems with high notes but they do not choose or allow the select of a special string. your guitars allow the limit if strings which is a real good feature. because when play solo can say use only frets 1234
win 10 64 22H2 intel i5 8600K (6*3.6 GHZ) 32 GB Ram

Fret noises we already have as an FX articulation which you can trigger at will, but also as unpitched noises that are triggered on release based on release time windows.

hi Zircon, about the noise that you're talking about do you mean something like this? hear the solo that starts on 3:00, you can notice there's an accentuation at the start of the first note of the solo and between notes transition.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NF5hJxM9kLQ

Those just sound like slides to me.

Impact Soundworks - Cinematic sounds, world instruments, electric guitars, synths, percussion, plugins + more!

yes they could be slides..

EvilDragon wrote: Mon Feb 17, 2020 10:01 am Fret noises we already have as an FX articulation which you can trigger at will, but also as unpitched noises that are triggered on release based on release time windows.
thats ok. I like emotional melodic guitar solos as this play. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IAPD8iAd_x4 he is fame and there is no fret hand move noise hear. only important i think diffrent picking noise. maybe it is possible to have just some picking noise addon samples that can trigger with a additional note and are mixed ?

wow I forgot about this thread lol

seems like Hydra's being reviewed by NI from what I've heard

It has been reviewed and passed NKS QA. If all goes well, a Monday release looks very likely!

EvilDragon wrote: Thu Mar 05, 2020 6:43 pm It has been reviewed and passed NKS QA. If all goes well, a Monday release looks very likely!
Well that's good :)
Then it'll be a toss-up between Hydra and Hellraiser for me, both seem really good djent libraries but just wondering about costs, features, and tradeoffs of both

My god, a monday release for Hydra and Stl just emailed me for Tonehub...someone please help my poor wallet, it's in danger ahahahahah.

great work, now i hear no clicky sound. the perimeter demo have long notes in solo. I think in your new guitar all notes are perfect in tune can hear in chords. stratus seem not so perfect in tune. but every learned guitar developer say that a guitar sound as a guitar because it is not perfect in tune between the diffrent strings. when it is in tune a guitar sound as a keyboard with distortion. thats the reason because guitars with perfect tunes(multi scale guitar) are not much used.

so maybe a feature that allow detune each string is usefull. but there is workaround possible. use 1 VST that play with transpose 0 another vst that play with transpose 5 and 0 or 5 or 8 or 12 cent fine tune. you hear soon with 5 it sound more as a real guitar. upto 8 sound good, then it sound more and more ugly

I see no way to change easy the tune in cent in kontakt, but you can try it out with a free sample tank and a guitar sound with distortion

No release today?

Wednesday is looking more likely. Sorry folks, I had some health issues in the last week that slowed me down. Currently editing the video walkthrough now!

Return to “Impact Soundworks”