Reason Rack VST

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

New to Reason. Is there a way to get copy paste midi from the drum sequencer to a midi track in my DAW? I want to program the sequence in reason but use a different drum vst in my DAW to play the actual drum sounds.

briefcasemanx wrote: Sat Oct 10, 2020 7:38 am New to Reason. Is there a way to get copy paste midi from the drum sequencer to a midi track in my DAW? I want to program the sequence in reason but use a different drum vst in my DAW to play the actual drum sounds.
If you are using ReDrum, then go to page 141/142 of this manual (Copy MIDI Notes to a sequencer track):

https://a.phcdn.se/Reason11/Manuals/Rea ... Manual.pdf

I haven't tried it myself, so let us know if it works, okay? :)

Are we going to see this year Reason 12?

I have installed Reason 11 Lite.
Hardly used it but never the less bought Reason 11 Intro which is not yet installed.
It seems that now with Intro there will be no use to have the Lite installed. Correct?

Lotuz2019 wrote: Sat Oct 10, 2020 8:06 am
briefcasemanx wrote: Sat Oct 10, 2020 7:38 am New to Reason. Is there a way to get copy paste midi from the drum sequencer to a midi track in my DAW? I want to program the sequence in reason but use a different drum vst in my DAW to play the actual drum sounds.
If you are using ReDrum, then go to page 141/142 of this manual (Copy MIDI Notes to a sequencer track):

https://a.phcdn.se/Reason11/Manuals/Rea ... Manual.pdf

I haven't tried it myself, so let us know if it works, okay? :)
I just use the "midi out" function in reason rack, then on a separate virtual instrument track I set the midi input to be reason rack instead of my midi controller, then press record (with the separate instrument track armed for recording).

This works for other stuff too like scales and chords or beat mapper, so I can you the cool reason midi helper/arranger stuff with other vsti's easily.

Return to “Instruments”