All things pedal related.

A forum for discussion of all things guitar!
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Absolutely nothing say it again....sorry :oops:
The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world. It requires profound, purpose‐larger‐than‐the‐self kind of understanding.

abhor wrote: Sun Sep 29, 2019 3:07 am The current proco rat is awesome but the clones have turbo mode and are a 10th the size. The mooer black secret was great for $30 until it gained a following..now it's the same price as the original and not worth it. The mosky pedal is probably the same circuitry as the mooer one for 1/3 the cost.
Mosky makes some cool analog multi FX pedals. One of them even has a power supply built-in to it. I ordered a bunch of them years ago when Mosky first started and was really impressed. Their version of the OCD is more accurate than most Chinese clones I've tried.

Uncle E wrote: Sun Sep 29, 2019 3:41 am Their version of the OCD is more accurate than most Chinese clones I've tried
Heard that quite a lot, £18/$22 on a auction site, cheaper than a plug-in.
There's also a larger hand-wired version.
I just realised a I have a poor Metal Muff clone, Harley Benton extreme metal.
Is materialism devouring your musical output? :ud:

The Noodlist wrote: Sun Sep 29, 2019 3:34 pm Heard that quite a lot, £18/$22 on a auction site, cheaper than a plug-in.
There's also a larger hand-wired version.
I just realised a I have a poor Rat clone, Harley Benton extreme metal.
Are you sure that's a Rat clone? A Rat pedal has a filter control that is fundamental to its sound.

Here is the Mosky I'm referring to. It's part of their hand-wired series:

OCD clone, like a Hustle Drive.
My other post.

Just a side note about the Metal Muff.
Mod for the Joyo/Harley Benton/Ammoon Extreme metal (Metal Muff clone), remove 2 caps.
Edit, I can confirm this mod gives a more palatable result.
Magnifier and nail clipper to remove C2 &C10. :D Smooth........

Last edited by The Noodlist on Sun Oct 06, 2019 11:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The Noodlist wrote: Sun Sep 29, 2019 7:23 pm Inexpensive Pedal Clones - A List
Weird how that list lists Fender under Mooer rebrands.
There are dozens of Mooer rebrands on the market, so we’ve not listed anything we think is a rebrand of a Mooer pedal since that’d just saturate the list. Here are the pedals we suspect of being rebrands:

ENO
Donner
Xvive
Rowin
Mighty Sound
Tomsline
Blaxx
Fame
Fender
NCZ Audio

Magic Russ wrote: Sun Sep 29, 2019 1:14 am Doesn't Behringer have a clone of it?
Dunno, but this tc electronic pedal sure looks alike:
https://www.tcelectronic.com/Categories ... VE/p/P0CQD

The list isn’t accurate. Mooer doesn’t supply most of those companies. Fender had a line of mini pedals that were from China but they’re making their newer pedals down the street from us.

Also, I have a couple of those Biyang pedals and they don’t sound or work anything like the pedals the list says they’re clones of. The Biyang Blue and Analog Delay are excellent and unique pedals that stand on their own. The Analog Delay has really sloppy timing that causes the delays to modulate heavily and randomly, creating really interesting atmospheric sounds. I prefer it over the Boss and Ibanez Analog delays I’ve owned.

cptgone wrote: Sun Sep 29, 2019 9:12 pm Dunno, but this tc electronic pedal sure looks alike:
https://www.tcelectronic.com/Categories ... VE/p/P0CQD
The Tube Driver is interesting because it’s actually a solid state distortion that only uses the tube to shape the sound. IOW, the tube isn’t creating the actual distortion, it’s only EQ’ing it. Technically, the TC isn’t an accurate clone because it doesn’t have a tube but I wouldn’t be surprised if they figured out a way to make it sound similar.

I have a nice tiny spring reverb from Mosky, said to be a clone of a Malekko pedal whose schematics were available for DIY all along.

I'm afraid to order from China though, scared customs will bite me so I end up paying twice.
Joyo has a UK distributor, base price seems to be higher through them though.
Uncle E wrote: Sun Sep 29, 2019 3:41 am Mosky makes some cool analog multi FX pedals. One of them even has a power supply built-in to it.
I stumbled upon that one googling for Mosky's OCD clone. It's no match for Thomann's offering though, as far as I can tell. That product seems to undercut all competition over here. I've been wondering who makes it, and what other brand names may be used marketing it.
What I like about it:
- price
- the power on offer (mA)
- good customer reviews, solid look
I use at least 4 of them right now.
https://www.thomann.de/be/harley_benton ... _2_pro.htm

Uncle E wrote: Sun Sep 29, 2019 9:16 pm The list isn’t accurate. Mooer doesn’t supply most of those companies. Fender had a line of mini pedals that were from China but they’re making their newer pedals down the street from us.
Figures, I own a few pedals of the new Fender range (Pinwheel rotary, Pugilist distortion and Pelt fuzz), they look and sound great, seem to be both top notch and good value.
And they keep churning 'em out: there's another, more expensive fuzz now, the Trapper :o

Uncle E wrote: Sun Sep 29, 2019 9:28 pm Technically, the TC isn’t an accurate clone because it doesn’t have a tube but I wouldn’t be surprised if they figured out a way to make it sound similar.
Not sure if I understand you right, according to the manufacturer's info I linked, it has a 12AX7 tube.

cptgone wrote: Sun Sep 29, 2019 9:58 pm I stumbled upon that one googling for Mosky's OCD clone. It's no match for Thomann's offering though, as far as I can tell. That product seems to undercut all competition over here. I've been wondering who makes it, and what other brand names may be used marketing it.
What I like about it:
- price
- the power on offer (mA)
- good customer reviews, solid look
I use at least 4 of them right now.
https://www.thomann.de/be/harley_benton ... _2_pro.htm
Mosky does make power supplies like that but the one I’m referring to is actually a distortion/overdrive/compressor with a power supply built-in:

cptgone wrote: Sun Sep 29, 2019 10:23 pm Not sure if I understand you right, according to the manufacturer's info I linked, it has a 12AX7 tube.
Oh, I didn’t know that. Now I want to try it. :)

edit - ok, I just read about it, that looks really cool. I was completely misinformed.
Last edited by Uncle E on Sun Sep 29, 2019 10:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Guitars”