IKM launched a new Hammond organ

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Hammond B-3X

BERFAB wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2019 4:31 pm Can't find a price on the crossgrade version. Anyone know?
When I logged in the price went down to $149.
I own ST3, plus the old SonikSynth2 and ST2xl.

149.99 (Introductory price, then 199.99). Log in to your Account, go to the IK store and click "Buy Now" on the Hammond
DarkStar, ... Interesting, if true
Inspired by ...

Peter - What does it mean by 'The first real Hammond organ for Mac/PC'. Surely there's been previous Hammond Organ VSTis (e.g. Arturia's B-3 V)

mcbpete wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2019 4:57 pm Peter - What does it mean by 'The first real Hammond organ for Mac/PC'. Surely there's been previous Hammond Organ VSTis (e.g. Arturia's B-3 V)
Official per Hammond/Suzuki, check it out and hear why it actually sounds real vs others and that should also explain. Thanks!

vurt wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2019 3:48 pm congrats.

im refusing to make a terrible joke about it hopefully landing better than richard...
Thank you. And yet by refusing to, you really have. Meant with :love: and :hug: as always, of course.

Peter - IK Multimedia wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2019 4:59 pm
mcbpete wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2019 4:57 pm Peter - What does it mean by 'The first real Hammond organ for Mac/PC'. Surely there's been previous Hammond Organ VSTis (e.g. Arturia's B-3 V)
Official per Hammond/Suzuki, check it out and hear why it actually sounds real vs others and that should also explain. Thanks!
Gotcha :wink: Will definitely have to A/B the bad boy against others (Somehow I forgot about the fabulous GG Audio Blue3 I bought last year too)
Last edited by mcbpete on Thu Sep 26, 2019 6:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.

mcbpete wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2019 5:03 pm
Gotcha :wink: Will definitely have to A/B the bad boy against others
It certainly can be a bad boy... or a sweet boy... or somewhere in between (like vurt!).

DarkStar wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2019 4:23 pm
Peter - IK Multimedia wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2019 3:43 pm Thanks to it's hybrid modeled nature, at way less than 1GB, Hammond B-3X is a unique and great-sounding beast of a virtual organ.
So it's a new VSTi, with elements of AT4 and T-RackS included. And partly modelled and partly sampled? If so, which elements? (and I guess "HamMODO" was out of the question ;))

The Sys Reqs specifically mention a USB port (v3.0 preferred). Other than as the connection for a MIDI keyboard, is that used for anything-else?
While I won't get under the hood in great detail (our competitors will certainly also be interested) we do have information on the Hammond B-3X page about modeling, and the size would indicate it is leaning heavily on modeling, which it is, as well.

The very dynamic elements use our multiple innovative modeling technologies to achieve some very realistic sounding performances especially while manipulating the sound. As a mediocre keyboard player myself, those manipulations would likely be either programmed or at very least fixed after the fact but accomplished keyboardists like Luca Zabbini who performs with Hammond B-3X for Mac/PC in the six additional videos we have on our YouTube channel can get a lot more real-time manipulation and sound awesome in the process.

Peter -- no demo?

Peter - IK Multimedia wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2019 2:36 pm
waiting man wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2019 5:17 am real-true-exact-classic. :P
Hammond and Suzuki seem to think so.
Yes...correct, thanx!

real-true-exact-classic-Hammond-and-Suzuki-seem-to-think-so, then. :P

Peter - IK Multimedia wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2019 5:06 pm
It certainly can be a bad boy... or a sweet boy... or somewhere in between (like vurt!).
:angel:

waiting man wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2019 5:48 pm
Yes...correct, thanx!

Thankfully we'll stick to the current marketing department that seems to have a bit better a way with words, but feel free to check out https://www.ikmultimedia.com/jobs/ if you improve your skills.

"Thanx!"

vurt wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2019 6:25 pm
Peter - IK Multimedia wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2019 5:06 pm
:angel:
*looks for emoticon of bull excrement unsuccessfully* Instead I'll ask "what are you on, sir??" because I like to read really long and interesting lists containing some things I've probably never even heard of and I'm certainly no prude :party:

Peter - IK Multimedia wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2019 7:04 pm
waiting man wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2019 5:48 pm
Yes...correct, thanx!

Thankfully we'll stick to the current marketing department that seems to have a bit better a way with words, but feel free to check out https://www.ikmultimedia.com/jobs/ if you improve your skills.

"Thanx!"

If I can swing the group buy, I might get the Leslie,
seems pretty natural that you would do a Hammond product,
with some experience from the speakers already in play.
I really hope you can get a randomizer
for the organ at some point,
with several degrees of randomness to choose from.
After all, if you're gonna be the best,
you gotta pull out all the stops :wink: :dog: :oops:

Return to “Instruments”