AAS Ultra Analog VA-3 Synthesizer Released

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Have they actually improved the sound of the synth though? I mean, they've added some bells and whistles (which is cool) but what about the sound architecture?

Thanks.
I will take the Lord's name in vain, whenever I want. Hail Satan! And his little goblins too. :lol:

Robmobius wrote: Wed Sep 25, 2019 12:02 pm Have they actually improved the sound of the synth though? I mean, they've added some bells and whistles (which is cool) but what about the sound architecture?

Thanks.
Does it need improving? Easily one of my favorites sound wise. Could use some more expression, but the sound is not a problem IMO
gadgets an gizmos..make noise https://soundcloud.com/crystalawareness Restocked: 3/24
old stuff http://ww.dancingbearaudioresearch.com/
if this post is edited -it was for punctuation, grammar, or to make it coherent (or make me seem coherent).

Robmobius wrote: Wed Sep 25, 2019 12:02 pm Have they actually improved the sound of the synth though? I mean, they've added some bells and whistles (which is cool) but what about the sound architecture?

Thanks.
• Improved filter’s musicality: it can now put up with extreme modulation while remaining totally musical.

• Ladder filter: it’s multi-mode module now stars a brand-new ladder-type filter for that classic low-pass response.
Looks like they did something to increase the resolution of modulation, but I can’t say that I’ve tried it. I find AAS’s updates to be lame for the most part, I’m not sure if this one will be better.
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

agreeing with Rob & Crystal above in that I'm crazy about VA2's sound in general. It's a badass
regarding v.3 : aside from the fascinating discussion about it's engineering principles, has anyone else demo'd it and does it sound better than v.2 ? The cost of upgrade is less important to me . . .
expert only on what it feels like to be me
https://soundcloud.com/mrnatural-1/tracks

Razzia wrote: Tue Sep 24, 2019 11:10 pm
dumbledog wrote: Tue Sep 24, 2019 10:53 pm What distinguishes VA-3 from, say, Diva?
Can’t speak for va3 as I’m at work and just found out about it, but tbh they’re two sides of the same coin. Diva offers more oscillator models, Ultra Analog a little bit more flexibility with onboard effects. Diva is a little less intuitive (thinking about all the parameters on tabs below the main synth ui) but more tweakable in terms of stacking oscillators and editing modulations. Ultra Analog has an arp, which is pretty sweet, and its unison does some cool things that are not all that common - to the point that the unison module can kind of behave like a mini arp or tuned slap back.

Overall I use diva more often but VA-2 is sweet too. I find it’s easier to get screamy and/or aggressive sounds from the filters with VA-2 as opposed to Diva, but Diva offers a lot more flexibility in certain areas
Thank you for the thorough response :tu:

I'm very excited about this update. As always, AAS keeps the prices down and everything good . . . UP! I'll be updating by this weekend. I'm very hopeful as I totally dig v2.

This is a tough one, I love the sound but I much preferred the GUI of version one. This isn’t an improvement in the GUI I would have hoped for.
Aiynzahev-sounds
Sound Designer - Soundsets for Pigments, Repro, Diva, Virus TI, Nord Lead 4, Serum, DUNE2, Spire, and others

However...
Bought.

Calen (&others) plz let us know the good, bad & ugly on this !
expert only on what it feels like to be me
https://soundcloud.com/mrnatural-1/tracks

zerocrossing wrote: Wed Sep 25, 2019 1:53 pm

Thanks.
• Improved filter’s musicality: it can now put up with extreme modulation while remaining totally musical.

• Ladder filter: it’s multi-mode module now stars a brand-new ladder-type filter for that classic low-pass response.
Looks like they did something to increase the resolution of modulation, but I can’t say that I’ve tried it. I find AAS’s updates to be lame for the most part, I’m not sure if this one will be better.
Thanks for the reply mate!

I'm still thinking about it, hmm...
I will take the Lord's name in vain, whenever I want. Hail Satan! And his little goblins too. :lol:

The VA-2 character reminds me a bit of the Yamaha CS-10, it has certain charm and raw tone that I like, especially for simpler and a more relaxing vibe. Now with 2 layers and new filter it can be so thick and lush. The new presets show very well. It compliments the ME80 really nicely, love the new filter.
Kaossilatron - Voicillator
Station: Ableton Live 10 Suite, Obscurium, Push 2, Ultranova, MS-20m, Wavedrums

Selling VA-1 if anyone wants to buy it for the cheap upgrade to VA-3 for $39

viewtopic.php?f=43&t=532330

Cheers
Alex
Last edited by acid alex on Thu Sep 26, 2019 6:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Check out my YouTube channel for dose of Acid: https://www.youtube.com/acidalex

the best service upgrade from session version includes all soundbanks also :)
did for me at least

sqigls wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2019 7:52 am the best service upgrade from session version includes all soundbanks also :)
did for me at least
Can anybody else confirm this? There's no indication that this is the norm by adding it to the cart. I have the full version 2, but I also have the session pack license, so if I can get all the soundbanks by upgrading from the session version, I'll happily pay the slightly higher upgrade price.

I can't - bought via Best Service, and it just gave me the update to V3 (from V2). The sound packs plus the V3 are much more expensive, and there seems to be no upgrade path. So I guess the previous poster was just lucky that they had a glitch in their system...?

Return to “Instruments”