nightsof25 - autumnleaf [electronic]

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I'd love some feedback on this one; mostly on the arrangement and the music itself. I know the mixing leaves much to be desired, but it's an area where I'm already aware of the problems. Post your track for feedback here if you want it too! I don't mind listening!

https://soundcloud.com/nightsof25/autumnleaf

From the way you presented this, I was expecting something horrible. It's actually not that bad at all. The constant triplets throughout most of it get a little annoying and the arrangement could use a little more variation, but all in all, I've heard a LOT worse. It was actually a fairly pleasant listen. And the mix isn't all that bad either. Maybe a little low end would help but for the most part, it's decent.

If you want to listen to anything I've done, I have my own thread here. There are a few hundred songs posted in it. Just pick one. Doesn't matter. Though the ones towards the end of the thread are probably your better choices with a few exceptions.

Here's the thread if you're interested.

viewtopic.php?f=14&t=501125

wagtunes wrote: Sun Sep 22, 2019 1:36 am From the way you presented this, I was expecting something horrible. It's actually not that bad at all. The constant triplets throughout most of it get a little annoying and the arrangement could use a little more variation, but all in all, I've heard a LOT worse. It was actually a fairly pleasant listen. And the mix isn't all that bad either. Maybe a little low end would help but for the most part, it's decent.

If you want to listen to anything I've done, I have my own thread here. There are a few hundred songs posted in it. Just pick one. Doesn't matter. Though the ones towards the end of the thread are probably your better choices with a few exceptions.

Here's the thread if you're interested.

viewtopic.php?f=14&t=501125
Thanks a ton for taking the time to listen and give advice! I'll take a look at the thread!

It was OK. Its a likeable track.
My observations:
* The three note arp is constantly "talking". Let it rest for a few bars now and then. It finally went away on the 2 minute mark.
* With the three note arp, why not try a "call and response"? The arp is the call, why not have another preset in a higher or lower octave respond to it? It makes it more interesting, - like a relationship is taking place. If you don't know what I'm talking about then let me know and I'll point you to an example.
* There are no real 'builds' or 'drops' in your track
* Some vocal chops would be nice

Hello,i think your track is ok,easy listening song.
But as Bansaw told you,the three note arp in all song long ,is too much.Maybe you can try mute and unmute sometimes and you'll give it some movement.Maybe you must the try the bass a little bit higher and the three notes arp a little bit lower.Im sure you can improve this and obtain a great song.Gretings.

Nice melody, the mix is balanced, I think. The mood of the song is engaging, I liked it.

Love it from 0:0 to 0:52 the mood is very nice, I do not like the lead sound you used in this part though. I would work more over this idea. From 0:52 to 2:02 is a boring part and the lead is very tiresome, then from 2:02 till the end is a good idea.

:tu:

Overall the sound is nice and the mix works.

I don't really have a drama with the triplet Arp as such but overall you fail to develop your idea - which is when it becomes boring/pointless/annoying.

As already said, the biggest issue here is in a lack of Variation or expansion of the idea. Joe Strummer worked an idea not dissimilar from yours and made a track that initially could seem "annoying" into something that is actually rather compelling.
https://youtu.be/WaQE7kSzJDI

The tutorial just published can help you with how to take a simple idea and really expand on it
https://youtu.be/VNXrZZZd3qs

Here's one of mine (which is also essentially a one idea piece)
viewtopic.php?f=14&t=531596&p=7520672#p7520672

Return to “Music Cafe”