Hillside Music - Patterns

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Please have a listen to 'Patterns', now uploaded on Soundcloud.. :phones:

https://soundcloud.com/user-604301675/patterns0

Thank you. :)

Liked the bass you used... that is up until 0:32 when it suddenly without warning, vanished. But thankfully it did make a re-appearance at 0:50! When the bass isn't there, the whole thing sounds a bit thin.
Overall I liked it though. Lots of variety, and quite unique. Liked the vocoder.
:tu:

Thank you, Bansaw, for listening and commenting :)

The contrast between sections is striking. The piece is always subtlety evolving and never dull.

I would have preferred a bass less reminiscent of a TB-303 and less reverb in the mix.

Great job overall. :tu:

Thank you Frantz for commenting. The stereo spread was added in the mastering process, might be a little much..

I loved the bass sound and motif. I did miss it during the early sections where it dropped out. Maybe you could have used a modified motif (lower volume, or maybe pitch shifted) during those sections. Nice vocoder sound and the mix was great.

Good work :)

The sudden drop of the bass and total shift to a completely different "tune" was jarring. The bouncing around of different ideas is a little chaotic but not uninteresting. Just difficult to follow. All in all, not bad but kind of disjointed for my tastes. I prefer more subtle transitions. This song seems like it doesn't know what it wants to be and is all over the place.

On the plus side, it's not boring and the mix is good.

seismic1 wrote: Tue Oct 01, 2019 11:40 pm I loved the bass sound and motif. I did miss it during the early sections where it dropped out. Maybe you could have used a modified motif (lower volume, or maybe pitch shifted) during those sections. Nice vocoder sound and the mix was great.

Good work :)
Thanks for listening! Quite harsh transitions, I know, but hopefully listenable :)

wagtunes wrote: Tue Oct 01, 2019 11:56 pm The sudden drop of the bass and total shift to a completely different "tune" was jarring. The bouncing around of different ideas is a little chaotic but not uninteresting. Just difficult to follow. All in all, not bad but kind of disjointed for my tastes. I prefer more subtle transitions. This song seems like it doesn't know what it wants to be and is all over the place.

On the plus side, it's not boring and the mix is good.
Thanks for your comment. The sections are standing on their own, I just glued them together :lol: :hihi: But I am glad, you found something delightable in there..

Great track. Very interesting with a solid mix. Nice work! :tu:
The inner workings of vurts mind are a force to be reckoned with.
music is a need in my life...yes I could survive without it but tbh I dont know how
myfeebleeffort
https://paulroach2.bandcamp.com/
https://hearthis.at/83hdtrvm/

jethrobull wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2019 6:55 am Great track. Very interesting with a solid mix. Nice work! :tu:
Thanks for listening and commenting :)

Return to “Music Cafe”