Any thoughts on the Eventide SP2016 reverb?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Have used it now on a couple of projects and can only confirm that vocals sit very well in the mix. It really doesn't matter if the reverb tail is long or short - it just won't smear! :)

For me, Zynapiq Adaptiverb comes to mind, as both reverbs are so clear and "un-muddingly".

A question: do you prefer the Vintage or the Modern settings? I tend to go for Modern every time, since I like clarity in my music, rather than warmth.
Thu Oct 01, 2020 1:15 pm Passing Bye wrote:
"look at SparkySpark's post 4 posts up, let that sink in for a moment"
Go MuLab!

I usually prefer the vintage here, maybe 80% of the time, I like the slightly darker sound/shorter tails, blends even better with the source.

i tend to agree with you there

Have you already compered it to Valhalla Vintage?

Doesn't sound anything like any of the algorithms in Valhalla Vintage Verb (see my previous posts).

vintage verb is resonant, pretty much always needs EQing
this one fits.
Andy super Saiyan any time now feel free.

In a word: excellent, one of the best ambient machines.

since the plugin came out i've been almost habitually going straight for the modern algorithms, but lately i've managed to force myself to smell the roses, and like Gregg [Hermetech Mastering] said - the darker sound often best suits the drumkit, or buss or whatever... if there's one thing for which i use the SP2016 habitually it's for techno/dub chord/stabs... more often than not this verb works wonders.
fanboy oUT!

Hermetech Mastering wrote: Sun Oct 06, 2019 8:45 am I usually prefer the vintage here, maybe 80% of the time, I like the slightly darker sound/shorter tails, blends even better with the source.
I say it depends on what I want to acomplish. But it's great to have two alternatives to choose from. :tu:

Return to “Effects”