Hydrasynth

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Not necessarily, esp when this many things can happen in a sound.

Now that's really impressive! Many great sounds for everyone.
Blog ------------- YouTube channel
Tricky-Loops wrote: (...)someone like Armin van Buuren who claims to make a track in half an hour and all his songs sound somewhat boring(...)

The low end sounds pretty good... the highs sound a bit brittle or thin...

The Hydrasynth is MUCH newer than anything from the naughties. So yes, it is much smoother on many very basic fronts than the mighty Virus as well as darting ahead on certain geek functions.

It does indeed sound lovely and the feature set is fabulous. The main thing distracting me is Medusa in this price range. A lot of people stupidly wrote that off, as well, without giving it a chance, complaining about - of all things - presets.

This is a well-judged package - and the expression features really help its cause.

I haven't posted here for eons, took this thing to bring me back :D . This thing is CRAZY awesome! Re the 8-voice poly, seems you can chain several units to increase polyphony, now I'm really tempted to buy both the keyboard + desktop. Here, from the horse's mouth @2:40:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i6mKVMRdfCc

...this one sounded pretty good on my HT
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ZOkRKWAyHQ

Why no one is raving about the UI? It has got to be, IMHO, the most innovative hardware synth UI I saw in years.

bit of a step up from programming the SQ1 i guess :P
and less annoying than the Wave II... and the macro page can be used later for live use
definitely on my 'to buy' list :)

I don't know, I think people are overlooking some of the things that make this synth appealing, to me at least. The CV i/o is a big deal imo. It's already stacked with mod options, but it'd be cool to use something like the Clep Diaz or Wogglebug with a big poly. The desktop seems like the better deal with its polyAT pads/scales/etc. Also the filter options seem really solid and after reading an interview with Glen Darcey I think the rationale behind these particular design choices make a lot of sense. It's definitely not for everyone, but I think it was made with a certain type of user in mind. If you already have a sequencer and some modular gear it's a no-brainer for poly stuff imo. I think I may have to sell my nf-1m for this :?

A much different beast but with the Modal Argon8 just announced (less features but half price), the poly options are getting ridiculous, and this it's all a lot of knob appeal for under 2k. Jeez - it's time to think about getting a crappier car and purchasing more than one!

Good times...

Tried this thing at Knobcon. The interface is extremely well designed, looks beautiful, is very clear and easy to use, the controls all feel great and it feels like amazing build quality all over. The price is more than justified and I think it's fair to say that it sets a new standard.

The sound was pretty respectable too. I was just having fun with a CS80-ish string patch and poking around the interface, not comparing filters or whatever. I'm not in the market for a polysynth, I was just curious and having a blast playing the thing.

I fear again, though it has per voice lfos, no MPE. At least its never mentioned...

mrdoghead wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2019 3:03 am It does indeed sound lovely and the feature set is fabulous. The main thing distracting me is Medusa in this price range. A lot of people stupidly wrote that off, as well, without giving it a chance, complaining about - of all things - presets.

This is a well-judged package - and the expression features really help its cause.
I think Hydrasynth sounds great, and frankly much better than Medusa. I foolishly bought a Medusa on preorder, and basically hated the sound of it when it arrived. I repeatedly contacted Detroit Modular asking to return it, but they flat out ignored me. I hate dealing with the hassle of selling used gear, so I’m stuck with it. I’d take Hydrasynth over that thing any day.
Incomplete list of my gear: 1/8" audio input jack.

deastman wrote: Mon Sep 09, 2019 7:14 pmI repeatedly contacted Detroit Modular asking to return it, but they flat out ignored me.
I keep hearing about how great DM's service is, but they ignored repeated emails from me too when I was asking about selling used gear the second time (the first time, they gave me a decent offer).

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”