So... Is Guitar Rig dead?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I've just got the guitar bug, and i wanted to say: Guitar Rig is f-ing great!

(i've not read the thread btw and i don't really understand about how a VST effect could/can "die")

Agreed...until it runs on current OS... is Sylenth1 Dead? Is Synth1 dead? Is Zebra2 dead?

Pointless imho...

- Mario
Last edited by mabian on Fri Aug 21, 2020 10:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

I hate guitar rig, when I bought it, it was version 1 and like $400, it was one of the things to turn me against buying from NI in the long run.

Spring Goose wrote: Fri Aug 21, 2020 10:47 pm i don't really understand about how a VST effect could/can "die"
basically guitar rig was a class leading guitar virtual amp/pedals system, but hasn’t had any development in years and since been overtaken by many better competitors. It is obviously still perfectly usable, but it’s like the last male heir in a family who’s shooting blanks.

Are you safe?
"For now… a bit like a fish on the floor"
https://tidal.com/artist/33798849

WatchTheGuitar wrote: Fri Aug 21, 2020 11:22 pm
Spring Goose wrote: Fri Aug 21, 2020 10:47 pm i don't really understand about how a VST effect could/can "die"
but it’s like the last male heir in a family who’s shooting blanks.
haha fair enough

I heard for a fact (from another prominent developer) that the original devs hired by NI (and the only ones they had working on guitar oriented fx/ampsim) have long since jumped ship. I wouldn't bet on any updates or new versions unless they have a secret team of new devs or outsourced another company to work on a version 6.

At least the Guitar Rig thread is alive! Brought back from the dead by Spring Goose!

(give it a couple of days or weeks)

GR is far from dead here. I think it's great.

Still alive over here.
Don't F**K with Mr. Zero.

The dead parrot skit :)
No auto tune...

metalifuxx wrote: Fri Aug 21, 2020 11:25 pm I heard for a fact (from another prominent developer) that the original devs hired by NI (and the only ones they had working on guitar oriented fx/ampsim) have long since jumped ship. I wouldn't bet on any updates or new versions unless they have a secret team of new devs or outsourced another company to work on a version 6.
How long has it been, 9 years? Not many people in the software industry stay that long at a company. I wouldn't expect the original developers to still be around.
Even if the piano player can't play, keep the party going.
http://www.soundclick.com/mumpcake
https://mumpfucious.wordpress.com/

I’m still a fan of Guitar Rig... just not for guitar. Actually, never really for guitar. I always found it had a kind of sound that I didn’t like. I actually liked Amplitube more, but eventually abandoned that too in favor of a Kemper. As soon as I got that Kemper my G.A.S. for guitar stuff evaporated and I really haven’t bought anything except for a Blackstar HT-5 Dual distortion pedal. But for synths, Guitar Rig is excellent. I don’t really care if they update it as long as they keep it working.
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

digitalboytn wrote: Sat Aug 22, 2020 1:36 am The dead parrot skit :)
A joke first made in this here thread a year ago.
I lost my heart in Taumatawhakatangihangakoauauotamateaturipukakapikimaungahoronukupokaiwhenuakitanatahu

I switched to Bluecats Destructor and other solutions a long time ago.

Spring Goose wrote: Fri Aug 21, 2020 10:47 pm I've just got the guitar bug, and i wanted to say: Guitar Rig is f-ing great!

(i've not read the thread btw and i don't really understand about how a VST effect could/can "die")
This thread absolutely deserved to be revived!

Development appears dead, software still apparently works.

Welcome.
I lost my heart in Taumatawhakatangihangakoauauotamateaturipukakapikimaungahoronukupokaiwhenuakitanatahu

Return to “Effects”