BASSYNTH - Organic Low End.

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

BONES wrote: Fri Mar 10, 2023 4:35 am Why is it surprising?
Because Kontakt is a clunky, buggy minefield.

I've just used Bassynth for the first time since buying it the other day, and created a huge bass sound for this track I'm working on. Automated a few parameters (drive etc) for movement. Sounds great - super happy. I closed the session and went out for dinner. Just come back and now and Bassynth goes "NOPE".

I should have saved my own preset :( Sigh.

I still stand by my statement that I wish they'd get Bassynth out of Kontakt. I might have to just abandon it right now to save further heartbreak, heh.

Yeah it will come as an expansion to the Triaz native version. I will hold off on getting the bassynth till it is really released.
Won't buy stuff I ain't gonna use. And who knows what will happen between getting the sale and really releasing the native version. Even if I can get it cheaper now. It is just a matter of drawing a line somewhere.
\\

BassSynth will come as an expansion to a drum machine?
I lost my heart in Taumatawhakatangihangakoauauotamateaturipukakapikimaungahoronukupokaiwhenuakitanatahu

tempted for sure, but NO to Kontakt.

Septic Underground wrote: Sat Mar 11, 2023 8:15 am Yeah it will come as an expansion to the Triaz native version. I will hold off on getting the bassynth till it is really released.
Won't buy stuff I ain't gonna use. And who knows what will happen between getting the sale and really releasing the native version. Even if I can get it cheaper now. It is just a matter of drawing a line somewhere.
\\
A drum machine with a bass synth expansion? That doesn't make sense to me. Where did you get that info?

dblock wrote: Sat Mar 11, 2023 5:12 pm
Septic Underground wrote: Sat Mar 11, 2023 8:15 am Yeah it will come as an expansion to the Triaz native version. I will hold off on getting the bassynth till it is really released.
\\
A drum machine with a bass synth expansion? That doesn't make sense to me. Where did you get that info?
You are right,
I was mistaken, it will be a synth-host in which you can load the bassynth.
https://gearspace.com/board/product-ale ... %20alchemy

MogwaiBoy wrote: Sat Mar 11, 2023 5:49 amBecause Kontakt is a clunky, buggy minefield.
We use it a lot and I can't say I've ever had a crash at all. And as you load 3rd party instrument into it, I can't say that I've found it clunky, either. I do have some older instruments that can be more than a bit convoluted to work with but I don't blame Kontakt for that, given that other instruments are a breeze to work with.
I might have to just abandon it right now to save further heartbreak, heh.
Or be a little more organised. If I'm not actively using my computer, I switch it off. Sometimes that means 4 or 5 times a day but it's hardly a hassle and, if it saves me from having problems like you describe, it's well worth the effort, don't you think?
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

Septic Underground wrote: Sat Mar 11, 2023 8:43 pm
dblock wrote: Sat Mar 11, 2023 5:12 pm
\\
You are right,
I was mistaken, it will be a synth-host in which you can load the bassynth.
https://gearspace.com/board/product-ale ... %20alchemy
Great! Like how Frozen Plain took their Kontakt instruments and migrated them to their own 'Player' synth module called Mirage. Which was an awesome move as Mirage is very stable, fully automatable, responsive and a pleasure to navigate and use.

Looking forward to Bassynth going this route and hopefully a free update for existing owners.

BONES wrote: Sat Mar 11, 2023 10:54 pm
MogwaiBoy wrote: Sat Mar 11, 2023 5:49 amBecause Kontakt is a clunky, buggy minefield.
We use it a lot and I can't say I've ever had a crash at all. And as you load 3rd party instrument into it, I can't say that I've found it clunky, either. I do have some older instruments that can be more than a bit convoluted to work with but I don't blame Kontakt for that, given that other instruments are a breeze to work with.
I might have to just abandon it right now to save further heartbreak, heh.
Or be a little more organised. If I'm not actively using my computer, I switch it off. Sometimes that means 4 or 5 times a day but it's hardly a hassle and, if it saves me from having problems like you describe, it's well worth the effort, don't you think?
I did switch it off, that was the problem. I should have left the project running and bounced that Bassynth Kontakt channel to audio before Kontakt lost itself on re-opening.

Can somebody please copy and paste the post that explains how Bass Synth will work as a future expansion?

Clicked the GS link but cannot find any relevant post in that thread.

FWIW, BassSynth in Kontakt is already excellent for me, but stand-alone would be even better, of course.
I lost my heart in Taumatawhakatangihangakoauauotamateaturipukakapikimaungahoronukupokaiwhenuakitanatahu

MogwaiBoy wrote: Sat Mar 11, 2023 11:00 pmI did switch it off, that was the problem. I should have left the project running and bounced that Bassynth Kontakt channel to audio before Kontakt lost itself on re-opening.
So it didn't recall the patch in the project? Wouldn't that be a problem with your host software? I used to have a similar problem when moving a Studio One project from one computer to another but Presonus seemed to fix it in a point update a few years ago and it hasn't happened again. It used to happen with 3 or 4 different instruments, all from different vendors. Battery was the biggest headache, because at the time we were using it in every song, yet Kontakt and Reaktor were always OK. Weird.
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

revvy wrote: Sat Mar 11, 2023 11:27 pm Can somebody please copy and paste the post that explains how Bass Synth will work as a future expansion?

FWIW, BassSynth in Kontakt is already excellent for me, but stand-alone would be even better, of course.
We will essentially have two flagship drum based instruments moving forward - both native.

TRIAZ - This will be our flagship drum instrument for one shot / modern sounding drums, drum layering and expansions. Previous products like Drumvolution will load into TRIAZ as an expansion and we will also format many of our existing drum sample packs as expansions for TRIAZ too - all tagged and with sequencer presets etc. Users can also make their own expansions as playlists.

Revolution - This will be our flagship drum instrument for drum machine emulations. The new native version of Revolution will feature not 14 (like the Kontakt version), but 42 drum machine emulations. It'll also have the possibility to import new drum machine emulations as and when we release them.

With Revolution, the sound engine is different, in that the modules you load in that are complex modules that feature sometime many thousands of sounds just to emulate a single drum machine, through round robin and sampling the machines at every possible knob position.

These will be the only two instruments for drums that we will need moving forward, and we will update and expand them

We will eventually do a synth instrument too, that can import products like Bassynth as an expansion. It is planned to be an absolute beast, but is much further out in terms of timeline.

Septic Underground wrote: Sun Mar 12, 2023 6:30 am
revvy wrote: Sat Mar 11, 2023 11:27 pm Can somebody please copy and paste the post that explains how Bass Synth will work as a future expansion?

We will essentially have two flagship drum based instruments moving forward - both native.

TRIAZ - This will be our flagship drum instrument for one shot / modern sounding drums, drum layering and expansions. Previous products like Drumvolution will load into TRIAZ as an expansion and we will also format many of our existing drum sample packs as expansions for TRIAZ too - all tagged and with sequencer presets etc. Users can also make their own expansions as playlists.

Revolution - This will be our flagship drum instrument for drum machine emulations. The new native version of Revolution will feature not 14 (like the Kontakt version), but 42 drum machine emulations. It'll also have the possibility to import new drum machine emulations as and when we release them.

With Revolution, the sound engine is different, in that the modules you load in that are complex modules that feature sometime many thousands of sounds just to emulate a single drum machine, through round robin and sampling the machines at every possible knob position.

These will be the only two instruments for drums that we will need moving forward, and we will update and expand them

We will eventually do a synth instrument too, that can import products like Bassynth as an expansion. It is planned to be an absolute beast, but is much further out in terms of timeline.
Awesome!! When was that message posted? Bassynth native rompler might be years away unfortunately but that is great news all the same.
Last edited by MogwaiBoy on Sun Mar 12, 2023 6:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

Septic Underground wrote: Sun Mar 12, 2023 6:30 am

Thanks.

Much further out, so definitely BassSynth likely to be Kontakt for the foreseeable, fine by me.

Was posted on Jan 5th, but it is evident it will take a long time, since first the triaz and then the new revolution hosts will come. After that the synth host. Thats why I didn't get the cheap offered Bassynth now, because I will not use it in Kontakt period. Do not wanna buy stuff if I ain't gonna use in a long time. But it is great news for sure.

Return to “Instruments”