AmpliTube Brian May for Mac/PC, iPhone, iPad Now Available

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

AC222 wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2019 7:04 pm
Peter - IK Multimedia wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 5:06 pm
Echoes in the Attic wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 4:41 pm Cool. Now please do the David Gilmour collection!

Given that most of the amps and pedals used by these famous guitarists are already in Amplitube, it would be cool if you guys would do presets packs that didn't necessarily have new gear, but just included presets to match famous songs/albums of an artist, like you did for the Jimi Hendrix album presets. They could be cheaper of course since there wouldn't be new gear but to get the most out of it, you'd need the models authorized that the presets use.
I do think Mr. Gilmour would be a much harder one to get officially on board for sure :) As you point out we do have quite a bit of the gear used, thanks in part to our many in-house gearheads. For some great Pink Floyd/David Gilmour tones we have a lot of the gear though two exceptions have been pointed out from time to time - a Binson Echorec and a certain non-Leslie rotary speaker. We do have access to an Echorec thanks to the great and mighty gearmonger Squids and I have to take a closer look at that non-Leslie rotary as I'm not as familiar with how David really used it but there are users (and Gilmourish) that will happily fill in some of the blanks to help.
Thanks Peter! Looks like a must have for IK fan boys like myself. :hyper:

For what it's worth the original IK hiwatt head does a fantastic job of nailing the Gilmour tone.

I'm sure you guys have thought of this but bet a lot of people would jump if there was an EVH signature version. Maybe hard to swing cause Eddie prolly gets a big cut of anything he's associated with but the Fender relationship and great tones from the Fender signature series gives me hope. :tu:
I think IK did a pretty good job with the fender 2 collection stuff. You should do one with true American guitar tone masters like Ry Cooder or David Lindley. Icons that are firmly entrenched in the American fender sounds.
🌐 Spotify 🔵 Soundcloud 🌀 Soundclick

Gear & Setup: Windows 10, Dual Xeon, 32GB RAM, Cubase 10.5/9.5, NI Komplete Audio 6, NI Maschine, NI Jam, NI Kontakt

Friedman!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Spent a little more time. Sounds much closer to the original.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EqVLi7_vUgw
Surfing, skateboarding, Music Making Man and tech fool.
New Album! KnowledgeBass

Echoes in the Attic wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 4:41 pm Cool. Now please do the David Gilmour collection!
Gilmour is known to be picky about the sound, IK would have to raise the level (and the rent :party: )

How do you actually edit the amp settings on the 3-amp setup (tone controls, etc.)? Is there really no way to just use one of the three amps? I only played with it a few minutes but it wasn't obvious to me. The only appealing thing of this package for me (not a big Queen fan outside of a few of the hits) would be the updated AC30 models. I just got the Overloud/Choptones AC30 iRig Library and that was terrific - instant gratification. I actually demoed this first and was a bit confused and disappointed.

Teksonik wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2019 11:06 pm Certainly a great deal of Brian's sound came from his unique guitar.
That's why we have the Red Special stomp to emulate it (and it does much more than change the gain).

Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote: Mon Aug 26, 2019 4:20 pm How do you actually edit the amp settings on the 3-amp setup (tone controls, etc.)? Is there really no way to just use one of the three amps? I only played with it a few minutes but it wasn't obvious to me. The only appealing thing of this package for me (not a big Queen fan outside of a few of the hits) would be the updated AC30 models. I just got the Overloud/Choptones AC30 iRig Library and that was terrific - instant gratification. I actually demoed this first and was a bit confused and disappointed.
The three-amp wet/dry/wet setup is a critical part of Brian May's tone, so they are all of course enabled by default. You can set the "sides" control to zero if you don't want to hear the L/R amps.

Also see below for the manual information for turning them on/off:

SIDE AMPS:
• VOLUME: affects only the respective (side) amp.
• POWER SWITCH: turns the respective (side) amp ON and OFF
Last edited by Peter - IK Multimedia on Mon Aug 26, 2019 5:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

...but you can't disable them to save CPU? :)

EvilDragon wrote: Mon Aug 26, 2019 5:08 pm ...but you can't disable them to save CPU? :)
You can turn them off too, it is all in the manual...

SIDE AMPS:

Ah, good. Sry, didn't get to RTFM yet. :)

EvilDragon wrote: Mon Aug 26, 2019 5:10 pm Ah, good. Sry, didn't get to RTFM yet. :)
Well it certainly isn't the most fun part. I wouldn't either if I didn't have to make sure this stuff was in there to clarify something that's certainly not a standard AmpliTube mechani: So it wouldn't be under your fingertips / in your muscle memory since we've never done multiple amps in one interface like that before. It is cool but definitely different.

Yeah. And the two amps are pretty much there only for the delays, and Brian is not ALWAYS using those delays. :)

Peter - IK Multimedia wrote: Mon Aug 26, 2019 5:04 pm
Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote: Mon Aug 26, 2019 4:20 pm How do you actually edit the amp settings on the 3-amp setup (tone controls, etc.)? Is there really no way to just use one of the three amps? I only played with it a few minutes but it wasn't obvious to me. The only appealing thing of this package for me (not a big Queen fan outside of a few of the hits) would be the updated AC30 models. I just got the Overloud/Choptones AC30 iRig Library and that was terrific - instant gratification. I actually demoed this first and was a bit confused and disappointed.
The three-amp wet/dry/wet setup is a critical part of Brian May's tone, so they are all of course enabled by default. You can set the "sides" control to zero if you don't want to hear the L/R amps.

Also see below for the manual information for turning them on/off:

SIDE AMPS:
My issue is that I wasn't familiar with the Vox AC30BM. I didn't realize that there was only a volume control on that amp. I was expecting to see the usual Treble/Bass/Cut/Normal/Brilliant AC30 controls.

this collection doesn't qualify for the current group buy, right?

autodafe wrote: Mon Aug 26, 2019 7:04 pm this collection doesn't qualify for the current group buy, right?
Right.
A bit fried in the higher freqs

Return to “Effects”