TECHNO: Night StVlker

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

so had a day off to day and got some studio time, came up with this little Diddy
arrangement dow, automation to do as well as mixing, automation and embellishing a little. thrown in a quick master chain to boost levels

EDIT: track updated to finished version

https://soundcloud.com/surenoblack/nigh ... ss/s-vc3WP
Last edited by sureno on Wed Aug 28, 2019 11:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

I like it ! But I dont know why but you lost my interest at 3:55 , maybe the acid melody is too "easy" ?
Before that I loved everything

K82 wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2019 9:00 pm I like it ! But I dont know why but you lost my interest at 3:55 , maybe the acid melody is too "easy" ?
Before that I loved everything
yeah im thinking it needs more movement via automation etc in that spot to introduce it back in, il have to go over it when I next get a chance but thanks for highlighting the possible flat spot

Well, that certainly had me tapping my foot. Only part that didn't work for me was the vocal section. Everything else was fine. Ending was a little long and dull but it's the ending so it's okay I guess. Enjoyable listen for the most part.

Thanks for the input, well the vocal part, in all transparency that was the hardest part for me and I’m still not 100% sold on the pitch drop/stretch at the end, Iv actually just purchased wormhole from zynaptiq In hope it makes it a little more easier on the ears. We will see, I have a fair way to go yet before I’m happy with the track but on a whole I’m super happy with the direction it took after sitting down earlier today not having a clue in which way I wanted to go :)
wagtunes wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2019 9:18 pm Well, that certainly had me tapping my foot. Only part that didn't work for me was the vocal section. Everything else was fine. Ending was a little long and dull but it's the ending so it's okay I guess. Enjoyable listen for the most part.

Ditto on Wagtune’s thoughts.

Like that evil thing going on at about 1:24. Great sounds overall. As you mentioned needs more automations for variation (some LFOs for moving some LP and HP filters, randomize velocities on hihats). I love the vocals in the break and the build after.
My only thing would be to build up to those vocals better. Seems the steam gets lost for me in a few places before then. @ 4:45...I would add some echo on that deep synth so it carries on with the groove a bit more.

Updated to reflect finished track in link. Vocals remained minimal but automated more and fine tuned a few bits and pieces within the track, all very subtle but hopefully an improvement

Use a de-esser on the high hats. That's my advice. Maybe try My EQ here (LA Bands 2). It's free and sounds the smoothest of most EQ's:
https://leattol.com/work

Return to “Music Cafe”