Who blocked the thread "Jackd on Linux - Midi input fix" ?

Official support for: bitwig.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

If you like I can help you configure your setup -- those modules would be unload/load via a2j_control triggers going back to jackdbus events. So even if you have jackdbus prevented from auto-starting, the loading of module-jack-sink works because jackd was already started prior pulseaudio. See the bottom here->https://github.com/jackaudio/jackaudio. ... ulseOnJack -- the example from jackaudio's website also illustrates the usage of a post-startup script for qjackctl.
"pactl load-module module-jack-sink channels=2; pactl load-module module-jack-source channels=2; pacmd set-default-sink jack_out"

pulseaudio is unaware of jackd startup/shutdown events, and does not startup jackd nor jackdbus in any way.

I won't be talking to you again mevla -- you are a very difficult to talk to and that's a shame.

sfd wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 1:56 pm Yea, but wha are the right tools ?
The right tool is the one that allows you to make the type of music you want to make. The operating system itself is irrelevant if you are a musician interesting in making music.

if however you are a technically inclined computer type person who has a healthy interest in technology and likes to play around with computers and applications, then the right tool is the one(s) that allow you to fulfill your interests.

when i take off my IT hat and put on my music hat for making music, i have no brand or ideological loyalty to the operating system or hardware vendor. my only brand loyalty is perhaps to the vendor that makes the types of DAWs and VSTs that I like to use.
🌐 Spotify 🔵 Soundcloud 🌀 Soundclick

Gear & Setup: Windows 10, Dual Xeon, 32GB RAM, Cubase 10.5/9.5, NI Komplete Audio 6, NI Maschine, NI Jam, NI Kontakt

mevla wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2019 10:35 am And even though there was a guy that came across as kind of stuck up and started insulting more or less, I have no problem with that, we can all have bad days.

The thing is, the thread was locked w/o any explanation whatsoever. Perhaps giving the impression that this stuck-up guy who was starting to throw insults had something to do with the actual action of closing the thread. Could someone even think that he's related to KVR and/or Bitwig with his mere 13 posts total to provoke such an abrupt locking of the thread ?
Don't need to, every time I try to help you, you retaliate with insults, so it's better that I just lock things. Anyways I am not going to bother trying to help you again, even though you are giving bad and wrong advice everywhere I see where you post. Adios!

mwstl wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 2:45 pm I won't be talking to you again mevla -- you are a very difficult to talk to and that's a shame.
Well, you are solely interested in flexing nerd muscle, over-complicated lengthy pseudo-solutions when things are really much more simple. It's no wonder that a simple straight approach irks you.

There was a time when such pseudo-engineering was more common but times have changed and dinosaurs moved away to make place for agile uncomplicated approaches.

That you do not want to 'talk' to me is great news. Keep it up !

Return to “Bitwig”