Something new for guitar coming soon from IK

A forum for discussion of all things guitar!
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Geez, it wouldn't be a Brian May collection by any chance?

:lol:

Most OBVIOUS tease ever.

Well, someone in the team liked the movie a lot, it seems. Is Brian May an obvious pick? Off the top of my head, I would say the regular lead and rhythm sound from Bohemian Rhapsody and the harmonic lead from I Want To Break Free are likely candidates. But apart from that, do you consider Brian May‘s tones very recognizable? His playing, yes, but is he known for his innovative sounds?

I mean: Eddie Van Halen.. Mark Knopfler.. James Hetfield.. The Edge.. Andy Summers.. Steve Vai.. hell, B. B. King.. there are a lot of guitarists whose sound I think is more relevant to someone wanting to sell virtual gear 😉
..off to play with my music toys - library music production.
http://www.FiveMinuteHippo.com

medienhexer wrote: Tue Aug 20, 2019 6:31 am His playing, yes, but is he known for his innovative sounds?
Up to The Game, they used to print "No Synthesisers!" on the album sleeves because May liked to do special effects with his guitar/pedals/amp setup.

Gamma-UT wrote: Tue Aug 20, 2019 8:13 am
medienhexer wrote: Tue Aug 20, 2019 6:31 am His playing, yes, but is he known for his innovative sounds?
Up to The Game, they used to print "No Synthesisers!" on the album sleeves because May liked to do special effects with his guitar/pedals/amp setup.
Great trivia, love it!

So I need to educate myself more with the early work. Thanks for the pointer.
..off to play with my music toys - library music production.
http://www.FiveMinuteHippo.com

medienhexer wrote: Tue Aug 20, 2019 10:04 am Great trivia, love it!

So I need to educate myself more with the early work. Thanks for the pointer.
I believe the line started when a reviewer on Melody Maker who had just heard their debut single said "great synthesiser work" to May, who was a bit dismayed because he'd multitracked something like seven different guitar parts for it. I think the "synth" part in question is just after the short drum solo in Keep Yourself Alive at around 2:40.

They weren't against synths at the time - May just liked doing the sounds on guitar.

I was expecting MODO GUITAR.

DaveClark wrote: Tue Aug 20, 2019 4:34 pm I was expecting MODO GUITAR.
MODO Red Special?

MODO Guitar with Brian May's Red Special would be a dream come true. That is one damn unique guitar. There isn't anything else like it on the planet.

wagtunes wrote: Tue Aug 20, 2019 5:26 pm MODO Guitar with Brian May's Red Special would be a dream come true. That is one damn unique guitar. There isn't anything else like it on the planet.
Can't say what this specifically is until we release it soon, and my reply above was more a play on what I quoted rather than anything canon.

wagtunes wrote: Tue Aug 20, 2019 5:26 pm MODO Guitar with Brian May's Red Special would be a dream come true. That is one damn unique guitar. There isn't anything else like it on the planet.
He's never had a fret job on it. It's completely hand made and he uses 8's.

Oh my God. It's just too hard to guess. I need to break free and play the game cause it's a hard life.😃
🌐 Spotify 🔵 Soundcloud 🌀 Soundclick

Gear & Setup: Windows 10, Dual Xeon, 32GB RAM, Cubase 10.5/9.5, NI Komplete Audio 6, NI Maschine, NI Jam, NI Kontakt

medienhexer wrote: Tue Aug 20, 2019 6:31 am but is he known for his innovative sounds
Yes. Of course. I place May into the same league of British players from 70s like Mick Ronson, Robin Trower, Steve Hackett and slew of others on hard rock genre. Mays tone is distinct compared to them.

Gear & Setup: Windows 10, Dual Xeon, 32GB RAM, Cubase 10.5/9.5, NI Komplete Audio 6, NI Maschine, NI Jam, NI Kontakt

I liked queen before they got all hot and hip again. After Mercury passed, they were forgotten within a few years and I liked digging into their catalog as they has a certain hidden treasures appeal to me. Now they are all too over commerciallized . I guess whoever bought the rights to Queen property after EMI went belly up must be milking it for all it was worth. Let see some Queen EDM extended DJ mixes.

Return to “Guitars”