Available now: Tone2 Icarus2.5 - Wavetable Workstation

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Icarus3

tatanka wrote: Thu Aug 29, 2019 9:46 am Dont know if already mentioned, but as I read "Drum-Sequencer", one thing I often miss in synths (the good old Octopus from Linplug being one of the rare exceptions) is a useable load of presets for the arp/sequencers to get you started. So would really be great if this could be included in upcoming version.
Better to concentrate on the loading/saving/organizing* of arp presets, currently this is rudimentary and the presets are showing under a bunch of arp commands**, in a single column*** which you have to scroll, if you have more than just a few.

* folders
** is this where they should be?
*** more columns

Markus Krause wrote: Mon Aug 26, 2019 6:51 am I will add several additional 'morph modes' to the distortion section (Noise, Am, Ringmod, etc). Icarus can route the OSCs individually withing the filter/distortion section. As a result you will get 2 additional modulation possibilities on top without messing up the GUI layout.
Since we will have additional 'morph modes' would it be possible to add a quantize mode which corrects random pitch to certain scales or intervals (major, minor, 5th, octaves etc.)? That would work nicely with new true random LFOs.

Markus Krause wrote: Thu Aug 29, 2019 9:40 am The Glitch-Sequencer is also finished now.
I am currently working on the Drum-Sequencer.
Ah, the greyed out tab :) Nice.
The average bored guy

Beachboy wrote: Thu Aug 29, 2019 12:06 pm
Markus Krause wrote: Mon Aug 26, 2019 6:51 am I will add several additional 'morph modes' to the distortion section (Noise, Am, Ringmod, etc). Icarus can route the OSCs individually withing the filter/distortion section. As a result you will get 2 additional modulation possibilities on top without messing up the GUI layout.
Since we will have additional 'morph modes' would it be possible to add a quantize mode which corrects random pitch to certain scales or intervals (major, minor, 5th, octaves etc.)? That would work nicely with new true random LFOs.
This already possible in the current version.
In the mod matrix select random or white noise or any random-style lfo as source. Then select one of the following targets in the matrix:
- Octave to quantize to octaves
- Semi to quantize to semitones
- Interval to quantize to intervals

Markus Krause wrote: Thu Aug 29, 2019 12:52 pm
In the mod matrix select random or white noise or any random-style lfo as source. Then select one of the following targets in the matrix:
That does what I meant to a certain degree. I thought about something like generative sequences. If a new quantizer mode has the ability to do also major and minor and other musical chords or intervals that would not only be an addition to the existing possibilities but the changes could be modulated. A sequence playing notes of a minor chord could be modulated to something else (eg. major). I have seen quantize features in other synths but as being a new mode it could be modulated which is quite unique I guess. It´s just a suggestion for a really great synth. :)

Beachboy wrote: Thu Aug 29, 2019 3:03 pm
Markus Krause wrote: Thu Aug 29, 2019 12:52 pm
That does what I meant to a certain degree. I thought about something like generative sequences. If a new quantizer mode has the ability to do also major and minor and other musical chords or intervals that would not only be an addition to the existing possibilities but the changes could be modulated. A sequence playing notes of a minor chord could be modulated to something else (eg. major). I have seen quantize features in other synths but as being a new mode it could be modulated which is quite unique I guess. It´s just a suggestion for a really great synth. :)
While it's already somewhat possible to kind of do it and to some degree if the key lock quantize would be applied then the extra functions already existing in icarus could be even better.

i think what he means is like a [keyboard] like in [ex: Arturia pigments or NI Molekular] on wich you can lock a desired scale and it only quantizes to those keys in various octaves... including self made weird.... erm.... original...less frequent :).... scales

in the case that would ever be applied to Icarus..... then something to think about is if the intervals, chords, octaves should be a applied before or after the Scale/keys quantize, as that could change the notes/pitch final quantize...

Hello tasty tatsyn,

this feature has been already inlcuded to the current version. Select "Key C C# D..." as matrix source.

Markus Krause wrote: Thu Aug 29, 2019 4:38 pm Hello tasty tatsyn,

this feature has been already inlcuded to the current version. Select "Key C C# D..." as matrix source.
true, i've used it a few times

ex:
with the correct Step LFO steping and modulation it's achievable.......

1 - draw StepLFO values in with shape on lower values (0 to fixed pitch)
2 - send to matrix modulation in number 4
3 - modulate Step LFO phase, new random lfo's+VIA will be much apreciated :)
4 - key C C# D.... to pitch
Last edited by tasty tatsyn on Thu Aug 29, 2019 6:21 pm, edited 2 times in total.

it's more work but you can even select wich keys trigger more or less often like this....

It would also be cool to have a unison mode with "chord morphing" with each individual voice smoothly moving between selected chord intervals, similarly to Massive X.

tasty tatsyn wrote: Thu Aug 29, 2019 6:06 pm 1 - draw StepLFO values in with shape on lower values (0 to fixed pitch)
2 - send to matrix modulation in number 4
3 - modulate Step LFO phase, new random lfo's+VIA will be much apreciated :)
4 - key C C# D.... to pitch
A simple but clever solution, thanks for sharing :)

with extra StepLFO's we could even do sequential trigger probabilities kind of thing too for 16 steps, but new features will mitigate that [MSEG's and wondering what glitch and drum are going to be :D] :party:

EDIT* you can do it with ARP velocity but independent ways to do it are going to be very welcome...

you can do it independentely too but it requires extra midi [EX:sequence/arp in DAW],
turn ARP ON -> set ARP to dual layer -> delete the notes in Icarus and write/play your MIDI in the DAW

ARP velocity source is now free and independent from the arp/sequence
Last edited by tasty tatsyn on Fri Aug 30, 2019 9:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.

oOOhh... this looks good. I thought Icarus sounded nice when I demoed it. If you need hq sound design please let me know! :)

ooopps. dp :hihi:

Return to “Instruments”