Available now: Tone2 Icarus2.5 - Wavetable Workstation

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Icarus3

Hi markus I have a novation slmkiii midi controller and I need to know midi CCS
Of your synths . I couldn't find any online if I do il be a tone 2 fan boy for life lol

Icarus has midi learn. Right-click on a knob, assign it, done.

Oh sounds cool but for my novation slmkiii controller and its components software I need the midi CCS.

lectropunk wrote: Wed Oct 30, 2019 4:08 pm Oh sounds cool but for my novation slmkiii controller and its components software I need the midi CCS.
What is midi CCS? Do you mean to say midi CC's? (Ie. continuous controller number?)
Being able to midi learn mean they can be whatever midi CC's you want.

However since you have a novation SL, you should definitely be using automap, not midi cc assigning for many reasons:
-Automap will display values on the screen (not just numeric but menu items and selections etc.)
-The parameter communication is two way. So if values change in the VST, they will update on the controller, like if you change a preset. Midi doesn't do this.
-You can change the resolution of parameters which is necessary for some things.
And lots more stuff.

Icaru is well designed for automap as most parameters and menu items are exposed to the host (which automap requires). So you can scan through different waveforms from a menu with a knob for example.

I don't think the SL mk3 uses Automap.

Not sure why there's a need to know the MIDI CC's. :)

You need the midi CCS to make custom templates

chk071 wrote: Wed Oct 30, 2019 5:59 pm I don't think the SL mk3 uses Automap.

Not sure why there's a need to know the MIDI CC's. :)
Oh wow you're right. I didn't realize that the mk3's stopped using automap. That's too bad, it's a great system.

lectropunk wrote: Wed Oct 30, 2019 6:08 pm You need the midi CCS to make custom templates
They are whatever midi cc's you would like them to be.

But on YouTube you need midi CCS to install templates for the novation keyboard

There's really gotta be another way. I doubt Novation requires you to know something that you can't know, because, apart from very few synths with fixed MIDI CC's, those CC's usually are not printed out in the manual. What for anyway, when you can change them to whatever you want.

Maybe ask Novation support, they're really helpful. I'm not familiar with that Components software.

Yeah no hassle its quite confusing that's why I wanted to ask markus about tone 2 products.

lectropunk wrote: Wed Oct 30, 2019 6:33 pm But on YouTube you need midi CCS to install templates for the novation keyboard
Again, make them whatever you want. Just decide. And that's what they are. And then learn them so in Icarus.

Ok

Project status update:

- Sound design has been finished today. We received losts of good sounds. Icarus2 will ship with over 1500 sounds

- Today i finished a first video which shows some factory sounds as well as the interface. I will upload it tomorrow

Trick or treat!

Return to “Instruments”