A Future New Wave Pop Track (Work In Progress)

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Well, had me tapping my foot. Cool sounds and enough variation to keep me interested. Decent mix too. Well done. I liked it. Vocal sample or real singer?

wagtunes wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 11:38 pm Well, had me tapping my foot. Cool sounds and enough variation to keep me interested. Decent mix too. Well done. I liked it. Vocal sample or real singer?

Thanks for listening and the feedback :tu:

Samples :)

Hi

New Wave as in 78-83? Initially, it doesn't really seem that way then suddenly there is that New Order feel. There are some nice elements but overall the arrangement makes it feel like one of those remixes where the original track got sorta lost in the process of trying to sound remix-y. Overall I like where you could be going though.

The sample is kinda cool but it needs to be a counterpoint to something else and not the main event. That something else could be another sample but a real vocal would be better if you can.

The core sounds need more character so they leap out better. Especially if you are actually chasing that New Wave vibe as safe was the opposite of what those tracks sounded like. Delay on some drums, clank-ify the bass with drives and more emphasis on the mids etc. This is a good example:
https://youtu.be/4Eu-9iSEOJk
More than happy to take this as one of my Mix Walkthrough tracks if you like

:-)

thanks for listening and the feedback.

No thanks

It seems to work pretty well as a dance number. There are some sections, like starting at 1:28 to about 1:52 where the synth is playing F G Ab Bb that it could use a little more interest such as adding a second melody line or what ever. The music just seems to lose momentum there because of it.

Just my two bits.

Thanks for listening and the feedback. I will check that out :D :tu:

Return to “Music Cafe”