Soundtoys 6 - What would you like to see?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Soudtoys are some of my favorite VSTs as all their plugins for me stand the test of time.

If we'll ever get a version 6 of their package I was wondering what other users would like to see in it?

For me personally, integration of all the "little" effects into the Effect Rack, more Routing Options inside the Effect Rack (parallel), global modulators in the Effect Rack could be great as well + a great speed/pitch shifting plugin (seeing that their great speed one was discontinued).

no need in new version. v5 works just fine

A compressor would be real nice.
"If less is more, just think of how much more, more will be".

VST 3 support

VST3 support (which they'll have to do sooner or later) and a big version of Little Plate with more parameters. A Soundtoys take on a compressor could also be really interesting to hear.

More things on my wish-list they could work on:
- Multiband support for Decapitator
- more filter models for FilterFreak
- Scalable interfaces
music // twolegs // geometriae
sounddesign // twolegstoneworks

I love Soundtoys sound but they’re so fugly!
I hope they redo their GUI’s from scratch and make them resizable.

I definitely don't think of them as fugly. However I am fully on board the resizable train.
rsp
sound sculptist

twolegstoneworks wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 10:35 am a big version of Little Plate with more parameters.
This :tu:
I wonder what happens if I press this button...

Macros and LFOs for the FX Rack, something like in BYOME.

My Soundtoys 6 wishes would be:

Macros and LFOs for the FX Rack, something like in BYOME.
... :hihi: - I'd also add serial/parallel routing options.

2. New GUIs for the older plugins. The black on black is terrible. Much prefer the Echoboy Jr. look in terms of usability over the full blown Echoboy.

3. Optional oversampling.

A reverb that tries to model the Bricasti and Lexicon verbs
Compressors
Limiters
Modular generators

A similar wiring system to reason in their FX rack to offer more routing options

Alterboy above everything else!
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

Version 5 should get an update where the plugins are resizable.

Oversampling. How the f**k have Soundtoys not implemented it yet???? Their plugs alias like hell!

I’d like to see an expanded effect rack with oversampling, modulators, macros, series/parallel/feedback/multiband routing and options to insert plugins within other plugins feedback paths.

Return to “Effects”