DAW's Mentioned Before Other's

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Forgotten wrote: Mon Aug 12, 2019 4:14 pm
vurt wrote: Mon Aug 12, 2019 4:10 pm why is my mum getting so much attention lately?
has she changed her hair or something?
It's probably transference, and the people mentioning her really have desires for you that they're too scared to articulate.
well, whatever it is, i pass it on.
cheers a pensioner up to find out shes got all these young creative admirers :)

vurt wrote: Mon Aug 12, 2019 4:10 pm why is my mum getting so much attention lately?
I was thinking that, also. Maybe it's just me, but that kinda thing only works with a certain familiarity e.g between friends, and is off-limits to strangers :shrug:

el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote: Mon Aug 12, 2019 4:13 pm
AnX wrote: Mon Aug 12, 2019 3:14 pm
crimsonwarlock wrote: Mon Aug 12, 2019 12:52 pm
AnX wrote: Mon Aug 12, 2019 8:24 am
stearine wrote: Mon Aug 12, 2019 7:31 am There's a time and space where DAW's are discussed but Reaper isn't even mentioned? WHERE??
in pro studios :wink:
Wrong :D
nope

never seen a single pro studio that uses it, and ive been to alot
He wrote "discussed", and "mentioned". It's one thing to say that none of the studios you've been to have changed to it, but it's another to say that it's not even mentioned.
i know what was written, same applies

why would they mention it? they are too busy working to talk about products they dont use.

AnX wrote: Mon Aug 12, 2019 5:04 pm
stearine wrote: Mon Aug 12, 2019 7:31 am There's a time and space where DAW's are discussed but Reaper isn't even mentioned? WHERE??
nope

He wrote "discussed", and "mentioned". It's one thing to say that none of the studios you've been to have changed to it, but it's another to say that it's not even mentioned.

why would they mention it? they are too busy working to talk about products they dont use.
maybe they say "i wish everyone would shut the f**k up about reaper".
which would count as a mention :P

nope

Every product is a product we don't use...until we do. How does someone build up a studio with gear if they can only show any interest in the gear they already own?

According to Confucius: Every cloud is not a cloud...until it is (a cloud).
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote: Mon Aug 12, 2019 5:38 pm

nope

Every product is a product we don't use...until we do. How does someone build up a studio with gear if they can only show any interest in the gear they already own?
perhaps they talk about it when they get home, on internet forums, when time isn't money

AnX wrote: Mon Aug 12, 2019 6:06 pm
el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote: Mon Aug 12, 2019 5:38 pm

nope

perhaps they talk about it when they get home, on internet forums, when time isn't money
Yeah! Probably :scared:

:lol: :lol:

vurt wrote: Mon Aug 12, 2019 3:15 pm alot is not aword.
Marry me.

stearine wrote: Mon Aug 12, 2019 7:11 pm
vurt wrote: Mon Aug 12, 2019 3:15 pm alot is not aword.
Marry me.
ok, im not busy :shrug:

LawrenceF wrote: Mon Aug 12, 2019 11:23 am Some simply aren't happy unless they're using something the Internet deems to be "popular". It's like high school peer pressure, like if you wear certain sneakers you can't be cool, even if while wearing them you run faster and score more points at B-Ball than the cool kids wearing the cool sneakers.

On general level; caring about what other people think is not just a teenage thing, it's a fundamental aspect of being human and we wouldn't have society without it.

What (I think) is more specifically talked about in this thread is probably attributable to the fear of missing out more than the instability of self-image related to adolescence.

It took me years to find that perfect DAW match. I still wish Reason had some things that it doesn't but it works for me. It's stable, allows me to compose quickly w/o a lot getting in my way and it's pretty fun to use.

I still have FL studio and they update it frequently but I confess, I've never been so frustrated trying to do simple things (audio for one, it still requires too many steps with less than desirable results. )

So my take on this is it's pretty tough to figure out what to do. Simply blaming the carpenter is also juvenile because they all work and perform differently.

stearine wrote: Mon Aug 12, 2019 8:06 pm
LawrenceF wrote: Mon Aug 12, 2019 11:23 am Some simply aren't happy unless they're using something the Internet deems to be "popular". It's like high school peer pressure, like if you wear certain sneakers you can't be cool, even if while wearing them you run faster and score more points at B-Ball than the cool kids wearing the cool sneakers.

On general level; caring about what other people think is not just a teenage thing, it's a fundamental aspect of being human and we wouldn't have society without it.

What (I think) is more specifically talked about in this thread is probably attributable to the fear of missing out more than the instability of self-image related to adolescence.
You know... i see enough criticism of typical human behavior every day, so, i'm confident that some won't or will hardly fall for such typical herd instinct, which brought a lot of negative and even absolutely horrible and inhuman things in the history of humanity.

Anyway, of course i agree with what machinesworking wrote earlier. Although noone actually said that everyone would use those DAW's because of the herd instinct.
Last edited by chk071 on Mon Aug 12, 2019 8:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

reggie1979 wrote: Mon Aug 12, 2019 8:27 pm Simply blaming the carpenter is also juvenile because they all work and perform differently.
are we talking supersaws again?

chk071 wrote: Mon Aug 12, 2019 8:29 pm You know... i see enough criticism of typical human behavior every day, so, i'm confident that some won't or will hardly fall for such typical herd instinct, which brought a lot of negative and even absolutely horrible and inhuman things in the history of humanity.
are we talking about DUBturbo again?
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”