DAW's Mentioned Before Other's

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

chk071 wrote: Mon Aug 12, 2019 11:16 am
LawrenceF wrote: Mon Aug 12, 2019 10:46 am My $0.02: Only (mostly) kids concern themselves with what other people like or not. Mature adults more often just use what works for them and actually don't care what the Internet thinks.
As it is being handled in the course i'm doing ATM... don't underestimate the influence of influencer marketing. It may seem silly, especially for us folks who live a bit longer in this world, but... it seems to be a vital part of what people decide these days. ;) See also the loads of topics or posts following the pattern of "What is better? X or Y?". People are either - too lazy, or - too insecure to make up their mind regularly.

Not to say that everyone is like that, but... it's kind of scary to me how many such posts i read here or elsewhere. Hypes seem to be more important than the own choice. See Youtube, where the first thing you get offered are "Most viewed", or "Recommended" videos.
I think this is true for most things, but I do think it's slightly unfair to completely blame peer pressure on someone choosing Live or Logic over DP or Reaper for instance, who is just starting out making music. First off all four are completely competent DAWs, but Live and Logic have more "industry standards" type clout. It's a daunting task to learn your first DAW, and if you want to work with your friends it's always easier if you're using the same DAW.

What bothers me is when people act like it's the only choice. Like if you don't us Live, you're using some dinosaur DAW that isn't as well thought out and artisan crafted by UX geniuses like Live. That's where the herd mentality pops up.

we should go round randomly asking "have you tried dp?" :hihi:

vurt wrote: Mon Aug 12, 2019 3:35 pm we should go round randomly asking "have you tried dp?" :hihi:
You first :wink:

el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote: Mon Aug 12, 2019 3:38 pm
vurt wrote: Mon Aug 12, 2019 3:35 pm we should go round randomly asking "have you tried dp?" :hihi:
ok.
have you tried dp?

there, now the first one is done :)

vurt wrote: Mon Aug 12, 2019 3:39 pm
el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote: Mon Aug 12, 2019 3:38 pm
ok.
have you tried dp?
Of course! While it does have advantages, such as being able to edit, I much prefer running real film through an old Pentax hand-me-down :shrug:

AnX wrote: Mon Aug 12, 2019 3:14 pm
crimsonwarlock wrote: Mon Aug 12, 2019 12:52 pm
AnX wrote: Mon Aug 12, 2019 8:24 am
stearine wrote: Mon Aug 12, 2019 7:31 am There's a time and space where DAW's are discussed but Reaper isn't even mentioned? WHERE??
in pro studios :wink:
Wrong :D
nope

never seen a single pro studio that uses it, and ive been to alot
It's a bit like expecting to see guitars made from shoeboxes and rubber bands in a professional studio...

Have you tried dt (DUBturdo)?
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

Aloysius wrote: Mon Aug 12, 2019 3:58 pm Have you tried dt (DUBturdo)?
tried it?
i liked it so much, i bought the company :)

:party: :tu:
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

Aloysius wrote: Mon Aug 12, 2019 3:58 pm Have you tried dt (DUBturdo)?
As I've said before, this video made it an instant purchase for me

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uIOAdIdew3U

I've heard your mom loves it.

:hihi:

why is my mum getting so much attention lately?
has she changed her hair or something?

Giova942 wrote: Mon Aug 12, 2019 4:07 pm
I've heard your mom loves it.

:hihi:
tbh, it might well be true.
unlike you, ive never had sex with my own mother to know her turn ons :shrug:

AnX wrote: Mon Aug 12, 2019 3:14 pm
crimsonwarlock wrote: Mon Aug 12, 2019 12:52 pm
AnX wrote: Mon Aug 12, 2019 8:24 am
stearine wrote: Mon Aug 12, 2019 7:31 am There's a time and space where DAW's are discussed but Reaper isn't even mentioned? WHERE??
in pro studios :wink:
Wrong :D
nope

never seen a single pro studio that uses it, and ive been to alot
He wrote "discussed", and "mentioned". It's one thing to say that none of the studios you've been to have changed to it, but it's another to say that it's not even mentioned.

I'd imagine there are quite a few studios who'd happily stick two fingers up at Avid were it not for many thousands already invested in equipment, expectations from their clientele, and compatibility with other parts of the industry. And it's not too much of a stretch of the imagination for many of those to choose Reaper instead :shrug:

vurt wrote: Mon Aug 12, 2019 4:10 pm why is my mum getting so much attention lately?
has she changed her hair or something?
It's probably transference, and the people mentioning her really have desires for you that they're too scared to articulate.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”