Who wants Ableton Live´s Groovepool in Bitwig

Official support for: bitwig.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I don't want it in Bitwig! I don't want other people to have a feature I've no use for!!! :x

:wink:
Music tech enthusiast
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

Distorted Horizon wrote: Tue May 19, 2020 8:26 am Extract groove would be nice, but generally I prefer Reason way of grooving.
What is that out of interest?

Generally I start any track by playing my bass or guitar in (as that is what I tend to write on) so extracting the 'feel' of a live performance is a great feature for me.
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

SLiC wrote: Tue May 19, 2020 8:49 am
Distorted Horizon wrote: Tue May 19, 2020 8:26 am Extract groove would be nice, but generally I prefer Reason way of grooving.

Generally I start any track by playing my bass or guitar in (as that is what I tend to write on) so extracting the 'feel' of a live performance is a great feature for me.
+1

https://www.reasonstudios.com/en/reason ... g/regroove

You can add swing, globally, by %, by some templates like mpc korg etc, and you can add several tracks of swing and where you like it. Like first 16 bars without, then add groove for the next 16 bars, different groove for fill and third groove for next part and cycle those etc.

Distorted Horizon wrote: Tue May 19, 2020 2:15 pm

You can add swing, globally, by %, by some templates like mpc korg etc, and you can add several tracks of swing and where you like it. Like first 16 bars without, then add groove for the next 16 bars, different groove for fill and third groove for next part and cycle those etc.
Ah, OK- I think I can do all that in Live also (just commit grooves to clips before arranging).

Thanks
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

Distorted Horizon wrote: Tue May 19, 2020 2:15 pm

Bitwig should make a deal with Reason. Imagine ! decades of dev solved by a simple signature and arrangement ! A So powerfull DAW integrating all the Reason and Bitwig science... The BitSon ! or the ReasWig ! oh my ...But it's already possible !!! since Reason Rack Vst !!! I already have ReasWig ! :o :o :o

zengel wrote: Tue May 19, 2020 2:27 pmBut it's already possible !!! since Reason Rack Vst !!! I already have ReasWig ! :o :o :o
Well, there's no sequencer in Rack VST so no way to use Regroove Mixer or many other clever things Reason has in there, e.g. automation clips, comping & pitch editing, blocks mode, advanced MIDI editing tools under F8 :(

If we could also 'fuse' the arrangers/sequencers (and the mixer!!!), then it would be pretty much complete :)
Music tech enthusiast
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

I hope Bitwig doesn't get a stupid groove pool like Ableton Live. Totally inconvenient.
Groove quantization yes, but then please do it in an intuitive way like in Cubase, Logic, Studio One or Pro Tools. Select the groove and simply quantize with Q. All settings and fine tuning should be made in the quantization field - without the stupid Groove Pool! Just select your clips/notes/audio events and press Q, done. Same should be able for the global groove function, just add a panel to select your groove besides the shuffle/swing function, done - but please, no groove pool.

Yeah I agree. I hate Ableton's Groove Pool. I like S1's the most. It works a bit like Ableton's but is more flexible and still has regular realtime swing settings. I think a mix of Reason's ReGroove and S1's Quantization bar would be ideal.
Studio One // Bitwig // Logic Pro X // Ableton 11 // Reason 11 // FLStudio // MPC // Force // Maschine

any new updates on the Bitwig Groove? this is one of the most importend features in making dance music... Global shuffle my ass... iam no 8years old with a toy piano

I think we all need to email bitwig and ask nicely but firmly to perform their magic and Improve the Groove!

Even if it's just for midi and clips, but extract from audio would also be great.

I agree with all the above, should be able to drop in midi grooves to the quantize function, and then apply to clips.

I'm sure they can come up with a god work flow for this.

Studio One has the best groove quantize/extraction feature i've ever worked with.
Bitwig devs please make something like this :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ajzbbFIqRZ8

Yes please +1

Bitwig should add Max for Live :hihi:
Signatures are so early 2000s.

outerspacecat wrote: Tue May 19, 2020 3:47 pm I hope Bitwig doesn't get a stupid groove pool like Ableton Live. Totally inconvenient.
Groove quantization yes, but then please do it in an intuitive way like in Cubase, Logic, Studio One or Pro Tools. Select the groove and simply quantize with Q. All settings and fine tuning should be made in the quantization field - without the stupid Groove Pool! Just select your clips/notes/audio events and press Q, done. Same should be able for the global groove function, just add a panel to select your groove besides the shuffle/swing function, done - but please, no groove pool.
Yeah... I much prefer how Logic handles groove than Live. Please don't copy Live in this regard, Logic is much better for groove!

Return to “Bitwig”