E-MU 1616m, 1212m, 1820m, 0404 Audio Interface - Complete Windows 10 (1903 & Above) Installation Guide

Configure and optimize you computer for Audio.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I went with twisted double-braided when I needed to replace one of my cables. Threw clamps on it and it's perfectly quiet.

Hi everybody,
I've got 1212m pcie and it won't work. In 'About' window of patchmix it says "E-mu 1010 firmware version: 0.0"
Emu_patchMix_1010_firmware_version_0.0.JPG
Symptoms are following:
1) pcie card doesn't see 0202 I/O card nor microdock
2) sound volume bars are jumping in PatchMix when the sound is played
3) added effects on channels probably work, for example on stereo channel added peak meter

Is it really bad? Hardwarewise?
Is it possible to update to 1.6? I remember when I was installing drivers on 0404 USB it asked me whether I want to update firmware. Maybe something similar exists for 1010 pcie
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

lol_kappa wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 8:19 pm Hi everybody,
I've got 1212m pcie and it won't work. In 'About' window of patchmix it says "E-mu 1010 firmware version: 0.0"
Symptoms are following:
3) added effects on channels probably work, for example on stereo channel added peak meter

Is it possible to update to 1.6? I remember when I was installing drivers on 0404 USB it asked me whether I want to update firmware. Maybe something similar exists for 1010 pcie
You should thoroughly uninstall the drivers and PatchMix, and then remove any leftover entries in Device Manager. (Make sure you have "Show Hidden Devices" selected, which is in the "View" menu. Delete anything in Device Manager related to E-MU, PatchMix, or Creative Labs. Then reboot, and try to install the drivers and PatchMix software again.

Steve
Here's some of my stuff: https://soundcloud.com/shadowsoflife. If you hear something you like, I'm looking for collaborators.

planetearth wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 12:05 am
lol_kappa wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 8:19 pm Hi everybody,
Symptoms are following:

You should thoroughly uninstall the drivers and PatchMix, and then remove any leftover entries in Device Manager. (Make sure you have "Show Hidden Devices" selected, which is in the "View" menu. Delete anything in Device Manager related to E-MU, PatchMix, or Creative Labs. Then reboot, and try to install the drivers and PatchMix software again.

Steve
Also, there is are "audio_dock.fw", "emu0404.fw", and "emu1010b.fw" firmware file. But if you already have the latest version, the 1010 firmware and Audio Dock updates probably won't help.

Steve
Here's some of my stuff: https://soundcloud.com/shadowsoflife. If you hear something you like, I'm looking for collaborators.

planetearth wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 12:27 am Also, there is are "audio_dock.fw", "emu0404.fw", and "emu1010b.fw" firmware file. But if you already have the latest version, the 1010 firmware and Audio Dock updates probably won't help.

Steve
How to force update the card?

I had to mention, I've got another 1010 pcie in working condition. When swapped PatchMix About window says 1010 firmware version is 1.6

AUTO-ADMIN: Non-MP3, WAV, OGG, SoundCloud, YouTube, Vimeo, Twitter and Facebook links in this post have been protected automatically. Once the member reaches 5 posts the links will function as normal.
pokorny.dean wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 9:08 amI resolved issue from following the text from one website (http://kit-amp.com/e-mu-1212m-pci-in-windows-10 (http://kit-amp.com/e-mu-1212m-pci-in-windows-10))
Download:
1. «Driver E-MU»
2. «PatchMix E-MU»
3. «Driver X-Fi»
(for Win10)

"Driver E-MU" and "PatchMix E-MU" are installed in the standard way - by clicking on them. “Driver X-Fi” (exe file) must be unpacked again into a previously created folder, for example Driver X-Fi, after which we will see the following files in this folder:

Operation of the E-MU 1212m/ E-MU 1616m with other driver versions and PatchMix has not been tested and is not guaranteed.
1. It follows that the first thing to do is to remove the installed driver and PatchMix.

2. Install "Driver E-MU" - reboot.
3. Install "PatchMix -E-MU" - reboot.
4. Find the E-MU E-DSP Audio Processor (WDM) in Device Manager and right-click on "Update Driver"
5. Select "Find driver software on this computer"
6. Select "Select a driver from a list of available drivers on your computer"
7. Select "Install from disk"
And specify the path to the unpacked files earlier \Driver X-Fi\Drivers\wdm
8. Choose a file «wdma_emu.inf»
9. Choose a driver “Creative X-Fi Audio Processor (VDM)»

and click "Next", after which the system will issue a warning that the installation of this driver is not recommended. Click continue "Yes"

10. After installing the driver, the system will report a successful installation
11. Restart your computer
Hope this helps, I tested on my PC and it works.
Where can I find the zip archive (containing those 3 files)?

AUTO-ADMIN: Non-MP3, WAV, OGG, SoundCloud, YouTube, Vimeo, Twitter and Facebook links in this post have been protected automatically. Once the member reaches 5 posts the links will function as normal.
DanGeneratesMelody wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 12:17 pm
pokorny.dean wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 9:08 amI resolved issue from following the text from one website (http://kit-amp.com/e-mu-1212m-pci-in-windows-10 (http://kit-amp.com/e-mu-1212m-pci-in-windows-10))
Download:
1. «Driver E-MU»
2. «PatchMix E-MU»
3. «Driver X-Fi»
(for Win10)

"Driver E-MU" and "PatchMix E-MU" are installed in the standard way - by clicking on them. “Driver X-Fi” (exe file) must be unpacked again into a previously created folder, for example Driver X-Fi, after which we will see the following files in this folder:

Operation of the E-MU 1212m/ E-MU 1616m with other driver versions and PatchMix has not been tested and is not guaranteed.
1. It follows that the first thing to do is to remove the installed driver and PatchMix.

2. Install "Driver E-MU" - reboot.
3. Install "PatchMix -E-MU" - reboot.
4. Find the E-MU E-DSP Audio Processor (WDM) in Device Manager and right-click on "Update Driver"
5. Select "Find driver software on this computer"
6. Select "Select a driver from a list of available drivers on your computer"
7. Select "Install from disk"
And specify the path to the unpacked files earlier \Driver X-Fi\Drivers\wdm
8. Choose a file «wdma_emu.inf»
9. Choose a driver “Creative X-Fi Audio Processor (VDM)»

and click "Next", after which the system will issue a warning that the installation of this driver is not recommended. Click continue "Yes"

10. After installing the driver, the system will report a successful installation
11. Restart your computer
Hope this helps, I tested on my PC and it works.
Where can I find the zip archive (containing those 3 files)?
tis literally on the first post, first page of this thread

lol_kappa wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 11:31 pm
DanGeneratesMelody wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 12:17 pm Where can I find the zip archive (containing those 3 files)?
tis literally on the first post, first page of this thread
The post/website said it had its own kit.
So, if the files in the website are equivalent to OP solution archive, I guess the:
1. E-MU_Windows_10_Install\EmuPMX_PCApp_US_2_20_00.exe is (the equivalent of the) "Driver E-MU.exe" (on the kit-amp website)
2. E-MU_Windows_10_Install\EmuPMX_PCDrv_US_2_30_00_BETA.exe is "PatchMix E-MU.exe"
3. and the XFTI_PCDRV_L11_2_40_0018 folder is what's inside the "Driver X-Fi.exe" ?

But in this case, this seems like another type of installing process, but the end result would be the same as in the OP, or am I wrong?

I have successfully installed my 1212m using the OP solution, but there are a few bugs.
- I can't use the WAVE host input. It has an interrupted signal, unusable sound (the sound mutes every 50ms).
- Also, many times the main out signal gets "broken" (another sort of interruption), and my fix is to switch between the card's 44.1KHz and 48KHz options. This happens especially in the first minutes after start the PC, and its aggravated (its triggered) if I scroll a video (like a Youtube video, when I scroll it, it may start to brake the main out. Though this isn't a real problem because the 44.1/48KHz solution always works to stabilize/reset the sound)
- Also, not sure if this is due to drivers or another factor, but there's a small buzz signal related to the CPU (it gets absurd/funny when I export a track in the DAW's, its like hearing the CPU work).
- And I can't get the EmuPowerFx to work.. though this isn't a real issue for me. (I now found an ok substitute by using E-Wire, though it works only in Cubase, while FlStudio has the interrupted signal again.. quite strangely because say if I use a reverb fx on a channel strip, the reverb sound ok, but the main-dry signal is interrupted)
Anyways, I was thinking that this kit-amp solution has a different kit, to fix these issues.

Return to “Computer Setup and System Configuration”