[EDM] "Russian Comodo" Dj Fusion Star

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
User avatar
deep'n'dark
KVRian
1071 posts since 8 Feb, 2006

Post Sat Jul 20, 2019 4:01 am

https://soundcloud.com/user-10001372/russian-comodo

Hello, well yeah, I know some Russian, but not that much - so some words are real while the chorus is mostly made up gibberish. I just tweaked my patches and I got in a mood to build something, and then I found myself making EDM in a Russian flavor. I'm some kind of fan of Russian language, so...

Bomb this loud n enjoy!

PS. Greetings to all the Russians too.. :)

It's all Reason 10 of course, no VSTs - only Rack Extensions and stocks.
Image

User avatar
wagtunes
KVRAF
16659 posts since 8 Oct, 2014

Re: [EDM] "Russian Comodo" Dj Fusion Star

Post Sat Jul 20, 2019 5:55 am

My Feedback

Music - 8.5
Instruments - 9.5
Performance - 10
Mix - 10

Overall - 9.5

Comments: Has kind of a European sound to it. Excellent mix. Musically interesting, though not my usual cup of tea. Still have to recognize how well done this is.

User avatar
deep'n'dark
KVRian
1071 posts since 8 Feb, 2006

Re: [EDM] "Russian Comodo" Dj Fusion Star

Post Sat Jul 20, 2019 9:50 am

wagtunes wrote:
Sat Jul 20, 2019 5:55 am
My Feedback

Music - 8.5
Instruments - 9.5
Performance - 10
Mix - 10

Overall - 9.5

Comments: Has kind of a European sound to it. Excellent mix. Musically interesting, though not my usual cup of tea. Still have to recognize how well done this is.
Wow, great score! Danke! Yeah I'm an Estonian and studied Russian 4 years. The sound is European? What kind of a sound is? Well I'm finally totally happy how I can sound using Reason - Love it! :love:

By the way, I re-recorded one part of the vox, now it's more like it.
Image

faxesperlenbacher
KVRist
50 posts since 17 May, 2019

Re: [EDM] "Russian Comodo" Dj Fusion Star

Post Tue Jul 23, 2019 12:49 am

good sound, it's like a old Europe Dance Songs of the '90s

recursive one
KVRAF
4025 posts since 7 Feb, 2013

Re: [EDM] "Russian Comodo" Dj Fusion Star

Post Tue Jul 23, 2019 2:02 am

Cool song, the melody sounds like it tries to mock the most obvious Russian "folk" music stereotypes but I think this was the goal :)

Good production, that bass at 1:10 sounds awesome.

I understood few words, "пиздец" and a couple of others :D (i'm a Russian). What is Comodo btw?
You may think you can fly ... but you better not try

User avatar
deep'n'dark
KVRian
1071 posts since 8 Feb, 2006

Re: [EDM] "Russian Comodo" Dj Fusion Star

Post Tue Jul 23, 2019 8:15 am

faxesperlenbacher wrote:
Tue Jul 23, 2019 12:49 am
good sound, it's like a old Europe Dance Songs of the '90s
I'm glad how people think the sound part is good, because I'm very critical about that. Thanks! :)
Image

User avatar
deep'n'dark
KVRian
1071 posts since 8 Feb, 2006

Re: [EDM] "Russian Comodo" Dj Fusion Star

Post Tue Jul 23, 2019 8:19 am

recursive one wrote:
Tue Jul 23, 2019 2:02 am
Cool song, the melody sounds like it tries to mock the most obvious Russian "folk" music stereotypes but I think this was the goal :)

Good production, that bass at 1:10 sounds awesome.

I understood few words, "пиздец" and a couple of others :D (i'm a Russian). What is Comodo btw?
Brivjet! Cool, you're the first Russian to comment. Sorry about the stereotypic thing but, I just thought to give my best shot on this. Comodo means nothing - I made it up - but thought that it looks good next to the Russian. Spassibo!
Image

User avatar
thecontrolcentre
KVRAF
24336 posts since 27 Jul, 2005 from the wilds of wanny

Re: [EDM] "Russian Comodo" Dj Fusion Star

Post Tue Jul 23, 2019 8:35 am

Image

User avatar
Frantz
KVRAF
5136 posts since 18 Jul, 2008 from New York

Re: [EDM] "Russian Comodo" Dj Fusion Star

Post Thu Jul 25, 2019 6:07 pm

A fun and quirky tune. The pseudo-Russian style worked surprisingly well. :)

User avatar
deep'n'dark
KVRian
1071 posts since 8 Feb, 2006

Re: [EDM] "Russian Comodo" Dj Fusion Star

Post Sat Jul 27, 2019 11:25 pm

Frantz wrote:
Thu Jul 25, 2019 6:07 pm
A fun and quirky tune. The pseudo-Russian style worked surprisingly well. :)
Thanks & Cheers! It might be I'll create a pseudo-german one as well. :) :tu:
Image

User avatar
biodiode
KVRian
525 posts since 23 Sep, 2003 from UK

Re: [EDM] "Russian Comodo" Dj Fusion Star

Post Tue Jul 30, 2019 11:20 pm

Nice way of using Russian style folk music to drive an EDM track along. I enjoyed the listen and production was good also - nice one.
Check out more of my work at https://www.biodiode.com where you will find tips, tricks on the blog and more of my compositions.

User avatar
deep'n'dark
KVRian
1071 posts since 8 Feb, 2006

Re: [EDM] "Russian Comodo" Dj Fusion Star

Post Wed Jul 31, 2019 9:52 am

biodiode wrote:
Tue Jul 30, 2019 11:20 pm
Nice way of using Russian style folk music to drive an EDM track along. I enjoyed the listen and production was good also - nice one.
Thank You! It's great how most of the listeners agree with the author, that's not as hugely the case usually, cheers! 8)
Image

Return to “Music Cafe”