I have Avenger, Dune. What next?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

chk071 wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2019 7:26 pm
Forgotten wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2019 7:24 pm
dune_rave wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2019 7:21 pm Wait for black friday and get Hive2 or Pigments
I don't think U-he do Black Friday sales do they?
Nope. No sales.
I don't believe it anymore, after seeing the "ridiculous" NI sale a while back. Yes, it's a one time thing, but who knows what the future might offer. :ud:
Trance, Trance Is Life

Add a more expressive controller, like a TEC breath or Touche
F E E D
Y O U R
F L O W

+1 Omnisphere, hardware synth, get a 32bit wrapper and download the HGFortune synth library. I guarantee something that old is something new to a lot of people. :lol:
...and the electron responded, "what wall?"

It's funny watching people treat you like a newbie.
kevvvvv wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2019 7:13 pmThorn is on my shortlist
Move it up to the top, you won't regret it. It has a very modern sound. If you want something a bit different, SugarBytes Factory is a great sounding synth that is much deeper than you think it will be. Or you could get Vacuum Pro for $15 if you want something absolutely filthy. Hive is also good but I think it has way too much overlap with DUNE to be worth it for you.

You should have a gander at Equator, too. It's Roli's MPE synth but it has a lot to offer on its own, without the MPE stuff. I really like ArcSyn as well, but it also has a lot of overlap with DUNE.

Lastly, and for free, is u-he's Tyrell N6. The presets don't do it justice, you can get some great sounds from it. I find myself using it more and more.
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

For new stuff I can recommend Hive 2. The addition of (deceptively simple) modulation stuff, inspired by the modular world, is very nice. Pigments is also a modulation monster that excels at UI visualisation. I like Synthi V as well.

You say very little about your needs though.

Hardware? You might take a look at Behringer. A lot of clones (the synths are new though :clown: ) but also new stuff.

Factory is on offer at the moment if anyone is interested $59.99 (instead of $139). It's a solid synth!
https://audioplugin.deals/deal-2/

I use both instruments for my basic setup. The other synth I use a lot and CAN recommend, is Steinbergs Halion 6.
AMD Ryzen 3900X & RX 5700XT, 128GB RAM, Windows 11 Pro 64-bit
Waldorf Blofeld & Pulse 2, Akai MAX49 & MPD226, Steinberg UR44 & CMC controllers
Cubase Pro 13, Nuendo 13, Wavelab Pro 12, Dorico Pro 5, Rapid Composer v5, FL Studio 21

kevvvvv wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2019 6:00 pm I have Avenger, Dune. What next?
now use them

avengers, dune, ..... buy the new spiderman dvd :)

Ranoka wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2019 11:17 am Factory is on offer at the moment if anyone is interested $59.99 (instead of $139). It's a solid synth!
https://audioplugin.deals/deal-2/
That's a great deal, well worth the plunge.
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

Hive 2, Bazille.

kevvvvv wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2019 6:00 pm ....What do you suggest I look at?....
Look at whatever can give you what you want that you aren't getting from Avenger and Dune.

I like Halion. I got it as part of Absolute.

One thing to try--check out the demo sounds and presets and stuff you can find on Youtube for given synths. As you listen to the sounds that others have created with the synths, ask yourself if you can make them on the synths you already have. When you find sounds that you can't currently make, maybe you found your synth. Still, sometimes demo sounds and presets don't accurately represent all the places a synth can go, so there's that.
Doing nothing is only fun when you have something you are supposed to do.

what do you mean, a disk crash wrecked your system. maybe shadowprotect is what you need, before any new vst's.

kevvvvv wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2019 7:13 pm Thorn is on my shortlist
Thorn is nice.

Also try Europa by Propellerhead. I think its pretty underrated. It got a little bit of buzz when it first came out but I havent heard much about it since. It is a very nice, full featured, modern synth.
Thorn and Europa are kind of similar in my mind. Neither really break any new ground but they are both versatile, sound great, are a very elegent design-wise.

Return to “Instruments”