One Synth Challenge #125: T-Force Alpha Plus 2 (exponent1 Wins!)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi ! I made a track that I don't really know the genre of but it's definitely EDMish. I hope you'll like it. The problem is that it sounds like Soundcloud low passed my file because on my computer, at same level, I have more presence in the 12kHz +. Do you know why?

Also, I use a lot of EQ, compression and filter. If this is to much I will try to do another version.
All EQ and compression are here for mixing purpose, and not as creative effects.

https://soundcloud.com/user-244473496/sooner-or-later

Ableton Live 10.1
18 instances of T-Force Alpha
DAW FX's:
1x Gate
1x Simpler (I did not use the pitch on it, this was just for writing the build in midi)
1x Reverb
6x Compressor
6x Multiband dynamics
11x EQ Eight
9x Utility
4x Glue Compressor
8x Auto filter
1x Limiter
Other FX's:
1x Youlean loudness meter
2x MSaturator
1x TDR VOS Slick EQ
Statistics:
Integrated loudness -12.1 LUFS
Max momentary loudness -8.8 LUFS
Max short-tem loudness -10.6 LUFS
Loudness range 3.6LU
True peak -0.7 db
Last edited by diaseis on Fri Jul 19, 2019 1:40 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Good luck Mr.T! I'm sure you'll overcome!

As noted before something really odd happened when I had those "rogue" patches going such that loading ANY track up into the MIDI editor (in Reaper) cause the whole thing to slow down, get jerky and compromised the audio so it was impossible to do anything! If they were muted, then everything else in the project was just fine. I think it was something to do with FM feedback, but can't be sure, but something somewhere was just eating cpu in a very odd way. Shame there's something odd in there as when it works there's good sounds to be had.

dB

@diaseis:
Tango EDM, hihoooo! :hyper: ... very cool, diaseis! :tu:
Yeah, I believe, Soundcloud cuts off around 17Khz or is it 15, something like that. It's good to do that yourself first so you have more control. However, you could try and make FLAC instead of mp3, which will at least allow a proper download of your track. Not sure about the streaming recompression. From time to time I do that, too.
Anyway, your track sounds mighty fine. Love those string stabs!

@Rob: I'll have a look! I sure did like the FM...would be a shame to ditch them. :shrug:

Thank you @Taron ! This is strange because I uploaded WAV format... I will do another low passed version. And I will do it in FLAC but I don't understand why Soundcloud made it in mp3.

[EDIT] I think I get it. I did not activate direct downloads. Maybe it was why you get an MP3.
Last edited by diaseis on Wed Jul 17, 2019 12:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Soundcloud converts all files into shitty mp3 for streaming purposes, but if you download the file, you get the original file.

@Daru925 Thanks I understand. :tu:

diaseis wrote: Wed Jul 17, 2019 12:50 pm @Daru925 Thanks I understand. :tu:
Cool track btw!

Daru925 wrote: Wed Jul 17, 2019 12:54 pm
Cool track btw!
Thank you ! It's the first time people I really don't know listen to my music.

diaseis wrote: Wed Jul 17, 2019 1:04 pm
Daru925 wrote: Wed Jul 17, 2019 12:54 pm
Cool track btw!
Thank you ! It's the first time people I really don't know listen to my music.
High time, mate! I'm very happy for you! I know how exciting that is and it won't stop! :hyper:

Cool track @diaseis, and welcome!

Try not to overcompress and keep away from slamming up to 0db if you can, else SC conversion to streaming mp3 is even worse! Try using the YouLean Loudness Meter and SPAN as analysis tools on your master. SPAN will help visualise your frequency spectrum/range (and identify any nasty peaks), and YouLean can help get the overall track dynamics better - if you aim at -14LUFS, you can get a decent sound. For EDM type tracks you can then push this up a bit (or a lot!!), and compress to have a bigger impact with a little less dynamic range.

You will find a lot of helpful people here who can give advice etc … take it or leave it too, your choice! Just make music you like, stay within the "rules" of the OSC, end enjoy the monthly challenges.

dB

doctorbob wrote: Wed Jul 17, 2019 1:33 pm Cool track @diaseis, and welcome!

Try not to overcompress and keep away from slamming up to 0db if you can, else SC conversion to streaming mp3 is even worse! Try using the YouLean Loudness Meter and SPAN as analysis tools on your master. SPAN will help visualise your frequency spectrum/range (and identify any nasty peaks), and YouLean can help get the overall track dynamics better - if you aim at -14LUFS, you can get a decent sound. For EDM type tracks you can then push this up a bit (or a lot!!), and compress to have a bigger impact with a little less dynamic range.

You will find a lot of helpful people here who can give advice etc … take it or leave it too, your choice! Just make music you like, stay within the "rules" of the OSC, end enjoy the monthly challenges.

dB
Thanks for this advice. That's true I am quite a noob when it comes to mastering :?

doctorbob wrote: Wed Jul 17, 2019 1:33 pm Cool track @diaseis, and welcome!

This is true. Last time I checked and compared uploaded version of audio with streaming version there were some differences regarding loudness and true peak. Stream version have lower integrated loudness approximately 0.4 - 0.5 LUFS while it boost true peak. So if you have peak near 0db you can be sure that stream version will have some clipping this mean distortion that is audible in high frequency spectrum. Make uploaded track to sit at -1db for true peak and you can be "sure" :lol: no clipping will be introduced to stream version. Not 100% sure because they may make changes to the converting process any time. You can check some numbers I posted in osc #121 viewtopic.php?f=1&t=521155&start=300

Still we have option to download your uploaded wav version so no problem here.

I made a new version following your advices. The thing is, I don't think I can replace it on SC. Is there a way of doing so or I have to pay?

diaseis wrote: Wed Jul 17, 2019 4:23 pm I made a new version following your advices. The thing is, I don't think I can replace it on SC. Is there a way of doing so or I have to pay?
If you don't have SoundCloud Pro, just upload the new one and link it here.

Yeah, that was the sole reason for why I did get the pro account, but it was worth it! I'm happy! OSC is worth it, I should say. :)

Return to “Instruments”